Menu
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your account has been disconnected (email accounts not migrated)

Hello,

My dad died a few months ago. My mam wasn't interested in most of the stuff he had on the VM package so my sister negotiated a cheaper package for her. The person she dealt with said that they would create a new account for my mam. They assured her that the email accounts that were on my dad's VM account would be moved to my mam's new account and kept active.

I use Thunderbird to access my emails which are part of that account. I have lots of important personal and financial things subscribed to that email account. My dad always used webmail for his emails that are part of that account. I have access to his email account as there are a lot of ongoing issues which need dealing with regarding probate and his estate.

I have just logged into my dad's webmail to see the message "Your account has been disconnected. You can access your Virgin Media Mail and apps for up to 90 days after your disconnection date. Please ensure that you retrieve all important emails and files before this time."

Upon looking at the VM account details it shows that both my dad's and my email accounts are still under his old VM account. They have not been moved to my mam's VM account as we were told.

It is very important that we retain these email accounts. I do not know how long the "Your account has been disconnected" message has been on the account. It has been several weeks since the account was moved to my mam's name, but I do not recall seeing the message before.

If someone could help to get the email accounts moved to the new account, as they were supposed to be in the first place, I would be very grateful. Losing them would be a disaster!

Thank you,
Wightpants.

0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your account has been disconnected (email accounts not migrated)

Anyone?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried phoning VM to see what's going on? It may take a few days before staff reach your post.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Difficult to find the time for phonecalls at the moment, but I'll try to get onto them if I don't get a reply in the next day or two, thanks.

0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to someone on the phone today. Should be sorted out by tomorrow. I'll post again to confirm if everything is ok.
0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nope. The email boxes are still on the old account.
0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phoned up again today. This time I was put through to the bereavements department. Except I couldn't get through, just on hold for a while and then a recorded message saying there was no-one avbailable.

0 Kudos
Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still not sorted out yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wightpants, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing since your dad's passing Smiley Sad 

In order to resolve this we will need to do a Move and Transfer. This basically transfers all account on one account to another. It's easy to do but once done can't be reversed. 

I have sent you a private message with a little more information and a request for some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Once I have your reply I can help further Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Wightpants
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Everything sorted out now, thanks to Kath. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos