Menu
philc27
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

What will I be charged if I cancel Sky Sports mid-month?

I'm considering adding Sky Sports to my package to watch a couple of F1 races this year, but I don't want it for the full year, so I will add it and then cancel as I go along.

I know that I have to give 30 days notice to cancel. My question is, if I add Sky Sports, and then cancel say a couple of days later, will I end up paying for 2 months or will it be charged pro-rata, ie. 1 month+the couple of days?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What will I be charged if I cancel Sky Sports mid-month?

The end result would be 30 days + the couple of days.

However because of the way the bills work you may end up paying for up to two months on one bill and then a credit for the unused period being applied to the next bill.

This is because there would likely be a bill run before your cancellation happened, so any bill will charge as if the service is being kept for the whole billing period, and then any change after that is applied to the next available bill.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What will I be charged if I cancel Sky Sports mid-month?

The end result would be 30 days + the couple of days.

However because of the way the bills work you may end up paying for up to two months on one bill and then a credit for the unused period being applied to the next bill.

This is because there would likely be a bill run before your cancellation happened, so any bill will charge as if the service is being kept for the whole billing period, and then any change after that is applied to the next available bill.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos