Menu
DunBleisce
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virginia Retentions Team

Just had a bizarre call from the Retentions team... Supposedly.

Firstly, being asked to give my password in full when Virgin have called me on my personal mobile seems wrong to me? Then having confirmed I was disconnecting was told this would be processed on 28th January....... Why I asked as I had cancelled on 16th Dec? You didn't was the reply - you cancelled on 29th Dec ember. Upon reiterating I had cancelled on 16th December, came the reply...."oh yeah, sorry I was looking at someone else's account" ..... Nice!

having been with virgin for over 6 years

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
anthonyl2611
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virginia Retentions Team

I have just been speaking to the retentions team too. After speaking to a man offering to match Sky's 50% off deal, I phoned back and another 'advisor' told me that that was impossible. After being with Virgin for 8 years, I have terminated my contract, its a shame but their customer service and loyalty to their current customers is horrendous. 

0 Kudos
DunBleisce
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry messed up my first post....... Should have read as follows.....

Just had a bizarre call from the Retentions team .... (supposedly).

Firstly, being asked to give my password in full when Virgin have called me on my personal mobile seems wrong to me?

Then, having confirmed my disconnection was going ahead, I was told this would be processed on 28th January. "Why?" I asked, given I had cancelled on 16th December. "You didn't" was the reply, "you cancelled us via a call on 29th December". Having reiterated I had called in mid December, came the reply...."Oh yeah, sorry I was looking at someone elses account"...... Very nice Virgin Media Team!

Having been a customer of Virgin for the last 6 years, I have to say the entire experience was poor to say the least. Has anyone had similar?

Finally, crazy that as a new customer I get way better offers than existing.

Feeling valued..... Not!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

All Replies
anthonyl2611
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have just been speaking to the retentions team too. After speaking to a man offering to match Sky's 50% off deal, I phoned back and another 'advisor' told me that that was impossible. After being with Virgin for 8 years, I have terminated my contract, its a shame but their customer service and loyalty to their current customers is horrendous. 

0 Kudos
DunBleisce
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry messed up my first post....... Should have read as follows.....

Just had a bizarre call from the Retentions team .... (supposedly).

Firstly, being asked to give my password in full when Virgin have called me on my personal mobile seems wrong to me?

Then, having confirmed my disconnection was going ahead, I was told this would be processed on 28th January. "Why?" I asked, given I had cancelled on 16th December. "You didn't" was the reply, "you cancelled us via a call on 29th December". Having reiterated I had called in mid December, came the reply...."Oh yeah, sorry I was looking at someone elses account"...... Very nice Virgin Media Team!

Having been a customer of Virgin for the last 6 years, I have to say the entire experience was poor to say the least. Has anyone had similar?

Finally, crazy that as a new customer I get way better offers than existing.

Feeling valued..... Not!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

anthonyl2611 wrote:

Unfortunate that the original guy you spoke to got it wrong. I guess he was struggling to reach his quota, not good customer service.

To be honest I'd have been surprised if they'd given you what you asked for. You can hardly describe their loyalty to current customers as horrendous when they refuse to provide a 50% discount, they have to make money and offering discounts deeper even than those provided to new customers in their 'January Sale' isn't conducive to that.

The blaggery is inexcusable though.

0 Kudos
MrGiles2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Funny enough, that has happened to me twice today. A call from Virginmedia asking for me, I could barely hear her, but I did understand that I needed to give the second letter of my password; so like I have done before, I pressed the letter and it was disconnected lol.

Then another call from the same person an hour later which i could barely understand!! I just disconnected. Actually I am leaving Virgin for Sky on January 27th, had a couple of problems with Virgin lately, so I went back to Sky on a fantastic offer, half price of what I am paying Virgin for 6 months, then a tenner increase after 6 months, then another tenner increase after a year. It will save me a loada dosh as well. It seems to me that the caller might have been trying to get me to stay with Virgin, no way!!! especially after a poor recent service, then jacking my bill by £13 a month instead of £3.75. Enough is enough.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi DunBleisce

I hope that you've seen my reply to you here which answers this question that you have posted multiple times on the forum.

Please be aware within our forum guidelines we respectfully ask that you only post the original post to us once.  Multiple posts can cause a delay is us being able to deal with your request.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mister_W
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I called to cancel before moving nearly 2 years ago but was offered a package at a reduced rate if I stayed.  It took Virgin Media 4 months to get my services up and running at my new address.  Then 2 months after my install there was a price increase, followed by another a couple of months later.  Then (with no notice) after the 12 month contract period my bill increased a further £17 per month.  I'm paying 85% more than the agreed price to stay, plus there's another deal I'm on ending next month, meaning another big price hike!

Sky will do me a deal for the same services at half the price I'm now paying but Virgin say they can't match it, so I cancelled.

I've had one call from the Retentions team 2 weeks ago, which was dropped due to poor phone signal and no call back since.  I've called customer services twice, as if they can be reasonable I'll keep the service rather than switching but they are no help whatsoever.  I even tried the Social Media team but they also are no help!

Retention is obviously low on their priorities.

Guess I'll be going to Sky and pocketing the £300 I'll be saving over the next 12 months, while Virgin make a big fat zero from me as they dig their heels in.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mister_W, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though the circumstances are less than perfect Smiley Sad

Whenever you take on an offer, there is usually an expiry period so if discount comes off, your price would increase. Depending on your package then also depends if you get a price increase. I know this year we had a price increase and then Sky also increase the Sports and Movies channels so this could be why you had 2 increases in the year. 

The good thing is, loyalty discounts may be available for you. Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how it all goes Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mister_W
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I get that but it was a customer loyalty discount offered to retain me as a customer. I am still a custonmer currently so why take my customer loyalty discount away?
The retentions team called once and we lost connection. Since then I have called the number you posted below 3 times but they are no help at all! They say they will get retentions to call back but it hasn't happened.
My service ends this week!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mister_W, 

Even though you are still a customer, discounts do only last for a certain amount of time. 

They're based on factors such as how you've been as a customer the last year as well as the length of time you've been a customer. 

You may be entitled to even more credit on the account with an extra year accrued. As well as this, we can only apply a loyalty credit whilst you are in contract with us. Once this contract has finished, the discount is removed. 

The number I posted, if you follow the options for leaving us then you will be put through to retention's so no need to wait for a call back Smiley Happy 

Keep is posted on how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos