Menu
ff02
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin never cancelled Sky as they said

I've just joined after being called by Virgin tele-sales 5-6 weeks ago.

Angelo, the adviser said he would contact Sky to cancel my contract and in effect start the 30 day notice period. I called Sky on Saturday 5th when virgin engineer was installing just to check all was cancelled as my end date was supposed to be 5th Nov but all Sky stuff was still working

Transpires I heard what I expected - that Virgin are not able to cancel Sky TV part of a contract and only the broadband and internet was cancelled.

I'm not happy as that detail was not explained to me when I agreed to join. i would have been happy to call myself if I knew I had to but I was told Virgin would deal with it. All this time waiting on my install I should have served y notice period.

I am now having to serve my TV notice period from now which is costing £36.58 and I feel Virgin should pay that for not being explicit or clear.

The quest to get new business is fine but customers need to be clear on what needs to happen as this is not costing me money I could have easily avoided. 

Pay up Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin never cancelled Sky as they said

Hi ff02,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board even if your journey has been less than perfect so far. Smiley Sad

I'm really sorry to hear that the cancellation process wasn't clear. As a Sky customer, it is your responsibility to know the cancellation procedure. Having someone tell you they will take care of this for you though doesn't make things easy. 

This isn't something we would usually refund you for however everything is looked at on an individual basis. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can look in to this for you. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ff02

the customer have to cancel it them self mainly and virgin media does refund the money payed to sky but they only criedit the account you have with virgin media this is a rare case it happens and sky does not get notice for all services you had.

ps mainly people cancel there stuff by them self and you should asked sky if they canceled there services you should of have a back up plain in the frist place

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
ff02
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's helpful or fair to say it's my responsibility to know Sky's procedure to cancel given what I explained. I very much doubt customers seek out a cancellation procedure until they choose to cancel. In my case I know about notice periods I didn't know a lower level detail about who can cancel what.

When a sales agent from Virgin agent tells you that they will notify sky on your behalf, you take that at face value or it's reasonable to assume that if they take on that responsibility then they need to be clear on what they will do and what not. They only do this to aid the conversion of a sale not as a favour so they are entering into a service to facilitate a transfer  if they can't be accurate then they should say nothing and simply state customers need to initiate all cancellations  in my case I can only assume it was an error and I'm not suggesting that everyone does this  

If they said we can only initiate a phone line/broadband takeover and not TV then I would happily call myself to cancel the TV element  

Mrybrow
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trying to send this to Virgin but can't fine an email anywhere 

Back in September my parents who are both in their 70's were convinced by one of your street sellers, to switch from Sky.

I had a chat to them to see if It was what they wanted and they did, so I said I would arrange it all for them, and I popped into your Bradford branch and spoked to a young lad who worked there. He said that Virgin Media would sort out everything, and even cancel Sky for them. WOW, I thought that's a great service, he confirmed that it was "just like switching your bank account. Virgin would sort it all out"

fast forward to last month, and my mum asks me why are they still paying for Sky? I checked their statements and yup, she was right! I wished she'd told me sooner, so I called Sky, and they tell me that Virgin only cancel broadband and phone lines, not TV. Sky then tell me that this happens all the time with you lot! So I ring your customer service line, and am told that they can't help me, but will get a manager to ring me..... it's been 3 weeks now, and despite ringing twice a week to move this on, you're managers just don't ring. Do they know how? Do they care? Or are the too important to bother? £484 has been taken by Sky, I can't blame them, I do blame your Bradford branch, and the lack of help from your customer service department.

Your staff in Bradford are either under trained and don't know their products, or deliberately misled two elderly people and myself to get a sale. Either way, you need to get your act together, and get a manger to contact me. I'm tired of asking nicely
it'd be easier to get an answer out of North Korea.

I'm at my wits end as I can't get any progress or even an apology from yourselves, my mum has been in tears over allowing nearly £500 to be taken from her account, she feels like she's been made a fool of.

I work in an customer service role, and I'm appalled by the lack of professionalism and contact from the managers, if I was regular agent, I would be demoralised by the apathetic approach your managers take. Id have given my manager an ear bashing for being so disengaged from the customer service process. If your lot need any pointers on how to treat customers, please let me know I'd gladly volunteer my time and teach them how to get back on track.

Kind Regards

Mark Brown

0 Kudos
ff02
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got a credit note for the 1 month sky overlap I paid. You should demand the same.

It's true they can only do a Tel. line takeover not TV but the over zealous sales agents don't always make that clear to aid their conversion. If the did I would have served notice on Sky myself.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrybrow, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though the circumstance on why you're here is a less than perfect one Smiley Sad 

As you've already found out, we're not able to cancel all your services with Sky. The only way we're able to cancel the Broadband and Phone with them is if you are bringing your phone number over to us. The TV subscription would continue. 

I would love to look in to this further for you however will need some information from you to do so. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are able to cancel your Landline (& associated Broadband services) as part of the Landline number porting procedure set up by OFCOM. TV services that are not Landline dependent are therefore not included. There are many customers who do choose to have TV from Sky but their other services from another provider.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos