Menu
CalinB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media not correctly applying line rental saver.

I rang and spoke to a representative who took payment for the line rental saver. 

Around the same time I referred a friend and was credited with £50 for him and £50 for me. As such a couple of bills totalled £0. This was expected. However, I just received a bill for £41.47, as it turns out that instead of applying the line rental saver, the representative just credited that much to my account. I've received no discount and they have just been chipping away at the "in credit" amount on the bill. Line rental has since gone up, so I've lost out instead of saving.

Anything that can be done, short of waiting in a phone queue to speak to someone?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media not correctly applying line rental saver.

CalinB wrote:

I rang and spoke to a representative who took payment for the line rental saver. 

Around the same time I referred a friend and was credited with £50 for him and £50 for me. As such a couple of bills totalled £0. This was expected. However, I just received a bill for £41.47, as it turns out that instead of applying the line rental saver, the representative just credited that much to my account. I've received no discount and they have just been chipping away at the "in credit" amount on the bill. Line rental has since gone up, so I've lost out instead of saving.

Anything that can be done, short of waiting in a phone queue to speak to someone?

Unfortunately not. They dont deal with account queries on here, its more technical help and customers helping customers.

The only way to get account issues resolved is 150. Or 0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media not correctly applying line rental saver.

Hi CalinB, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that the money you paid for the line rental has come off your bills instead.

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos