Menu
raw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Value for Money

Hi all, just checking to see if it's just me or...? 

I recently upgraded to 200mb, increased my monthly charge accordingly, I speed test regularly and manage to get no more the 50mb...

Am I missing something or is this just really bad service, disgusting value for money ??

My daughter has just upgraded to Sky, all in for £29 p.mnth as she's renewing after 1 year...her speed test is way faster c75mb - now that seems like good value for money !

I would swap tomorrow if only I could get our of my current deal...any suggestions?

R

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Value for Money

Hey raw1,

Thanks for joining the forum Smiley Very Happy

I understand it's frustrating when you're not getting the speeds you expect.

When I've checked your connection I've noticed that we're currently working on a fault in your area. The ref is: F004045933 and it's due for review on the 25th Jan.

This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the best news, so please accept my apologies. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you investigated why you are only getting 50Mb?

Is that all Virgin Media is delivering to you or is your equipment or your environment the limiting factor?

Have you tested your speed directly Ethernet connected to your hub with a device with an enabled gigabit Ethernet adapter or are you doing so on an ancient phone with a single stream wifi adapter that's only capable of 50Mb?

Saying you're only getting 50Mb on your 200Mb product is not enough.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey raw1,

Thanks for joining the forum Smiley Very Happy

I understand it's frustrating when you're not getting the speeds you expect.

When I've checked your connection I've noticed that we're currently working on a fault in your area. The ref is: F004045933 and it's due for review on the 25th Jan.

This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the best news, so please accept my apologies. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
raw1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

quick answer the the questions raised:
-yes
-yes and still poor, less than 75mb
So, stating I receive ONLY 25% of the potential capability is 'enough' thanks...it's just not good enough & now I hear there is a problem in my area that won't get looked at until end of Jan 17

Q - is good service measure by 1) that I to contact Virgin to find out that there is a problem in my area and 2) I still have to pay full price for a poor service

NOT HAPPY !!

0 Kudos
raw1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Heather, thanks for the note:

1) why do I have to contact you in order to find I have a problem with he service
2) why does it take until 25th Jan 2017 to sort the issue
3) why should i be expected to pay for the poor service in the meantime
&
4) to rub salt ont he wounds...the Tivo box is running like a dog and is a nightmare to navigate - bring back Freeview!

R

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi raw1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

The type of fault that you are having won't necessarily affect everyone in the area. Also it will affect some customers more than others. 

Unless you let us know you're having an issue with your services we won't know you are having the issue. 

The work required is quite complex which is why there are longer review dates. It has to go through an investigation stage where we look at what work is needed, planning where we look at how to resolve things. This is the stage that usually takes the longest. We may need to repull cables, lay new ones, move a cabinet or even replace a cabinet. All of this work means we need permits from the relevant authorities. 

Once the planning is done, we need to look at costing. If the cost is to much then we need to go back to the start with planning. More often than not, the permits given are for certain times / dates to so this also needs to be factored in as well as then scheduling the work to be completed once everything is approved. 

If you give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 they can look at a monthly credit while this fault in ongoing Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos