Menu
GeoffMcHugh
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Order - Super Hub not delivered

I ordered the upgrade to VIVID 200 on 9th February and selected Saturday 20th February as the delivery date for the new Super Hub.

I received an email from Virgin Media confirming the Super Hub would be delivered on 20th February between 8am and 9pm.

20th February came and went, I sat in all day waiting in case I missed the delivery.  9pm came and went and no Hub was delivered or card put through the door.  I checked my account page on virginmedia.com and saw the order details again confirming 20th February for delivery by Yodel (between 8am and 6pm this time) but there were no tracking details, it said they would be forwarded closer to the delivery date.  By this time the delivery date had passed.

I even checked the bins to see if a delivery driver had hidden a parcel there without notification.

Today (21st February) my account shows no open orders so Virgin Media appear to believe the delivery was successful.

I have seen multiple messages on these forums describing similar problems with Yodel in the past, why are they still being used as a courier service when there is obviously a problem with their ability to provide a competent service?  And when can I expect delivery of the new Super Hub now that Virgin appear to think that the order is complete?  Will I need to reorder and pay another delivery fee for a second hub?

Geoff

0 Kudos
les2050
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Order - Super Hub not delivered

I am having the same issue they said on the phone i was getting the new super hub3 when i was moving house so i didnt take my old kit with me, engineers come and gave me the super hub 2! its said on his sheet super hub 2,  the next day i got my new contract YES new contract for moveing house 'sky' never did this!  it said super hub 3, so i rang them up they said i have to 'Activate Online' too say i want one because they are not out yet evan thoe you can trouble shoot online if your having issues with them but i cant see this link she asked me to go to?? also SH2 works fine but if there is a new one and there telling me i have one were is it???  breach of contract. 

0 Kudos
GeoffMcHugh
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To update, Yodel actually delivered the Super Hub today so we are set up and running with VIVID 200.  There was no explanation why the delivery didn't occur on the requested date.

I am still not impressed because I specified Saturday for delivery, it is only by sheer luck that I was at home today when the courier called.  If Yodel don't deliver on Saturdays then why are Saturdays offered as a delivery option?

0 Kudos
les2050
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you get the white super hub 3 ??
0 Kudos
GeoffMcHugh
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, it's black and reports as a Super Hub 2 in the web configuration page.
0 Kudos
les2050
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeh same here check over your conreact should say super hub 3 on there must be a delay with firmware so wait we will be getting one. Thanks for reply I thought virgin just wasn't giving me it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the delay with the delivery from Yodel, and thanks for your post!

I am sorry that this delay caused you any inconvenience. I have checked and it was scheduled correctly for the 20th Feb as originally booked by yourself, and we absolutely do book in delivery slots with them on Saturdays.

I am sending a private message to you that you can find in the envelope next to your forum name for me to take some details so we can look into this a little more for you.

It would be great if you could get back in touch on this to me.

@les2050 Regarding the query you guys had around the Superhub's you received, the Superhub 2, Superhub 2Ac and Hub 3 are all capable of providing all the current speeds we offer our customers

Please keep us posted if there is anything else we can look at for you too.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
les2050
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see what your saying but I'm contracted to have superhub 3 and I haven't got it how about I pay 23 quid instead of 42 no you wouldn't have it so why can't I have my kit ??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi les2050, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

As the equipment is not bought, it's rented to you, as long as we are providing equipment that is capable of running your service we won't need to change it. 

As you have a hub capable of running the service you have selected we wouldn't be able to change it on this occasion. 

Apologies for that. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
leeweb96
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

i was meant to have the new super hub delivered to my home yesterday as i was instructed to be in for delivery between 8am to 9pm but was told via tracking details that was parcel had been delivered but it had not.

Then this morning another notification was given within the tracking info which told me it was refused at the door which wasnt the case as me and someone else in the household had been waiting on this delivery all day

was then told to contact sender via yodel and was unable to rearrange delivery

Thanks,

Lee 

0 Kudos