Menu
bescotboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Till Death Us Do Part !!

My Father passed away in October and amongst the things that needed addressing, I phoned Virgin and cancelled his subscription, obviously giving the unfortunate reason for doing so.

A few days ago a letter arrives at his address with the bold headline........

It's Never Too Late to Come Back to Virgin

Somehow......I think it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Till Death Us Do Part !!

Hi bestcotboy.

I am incredibly sorry that we have sent marketing materials to your father after he has passed away. My sincere apologies for any upset this has casued to you and your family Smiley Sad

If the marketing was sent to the property addressed to 'The occupier/homeowner' or is unaddressed you can opt out of marketing from any company via Royal Mail's site.

I appreciate that the cancellation was arranged as you mentioned in October and that our direct marketing can take up to 6 weeks to desist, but it has been well past that window so this would now need to be escalated by us to resolve this on your behalf and make sure that this does not happen again if the marketing was specifically addressed to your father.

For me to do this if you could please get back to me on the pm I'm sending to you where I can take the relevant details from you that I need for your fathers old account in order for me to support you.

You can find this in the purple envelope next to your forum name. If you could get back to me on this, that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Till Death Us Do Part !!

Hi bestcotboy.

I am incredibly sorry that we have sent marketing materials to your father after he has passed away. My sincere apologies for any upset this has casued to you and your family Smiley Sad

If the marketing was sent to the property addressed to 'The occupier/homeowner' or is unaddressed you can opt out of marketing from any company via Royal Mail's site.

I appreciate that the cancellation was arranged as you mentioned in October and that our direct marketing can take up to 6 weeks to desist, but it has been well past that window so this would now need to be escalated by us to resolve this on your behalf and make sure that this does not happen again if the marketing was specifically addressed to your father.

For me to do this if you could please get back to me on the pm I'm sending to you where I can take the relevant details from you that I need for your fathers old account in order for me to support you.

You can find this in the purple envelope next to your forum name. If you could get back to me on this, that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos