Menu
rsn23
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Renewal

I have just been issued a broadband bill at the inflated monthly rate of £40 having had 12 months at the teaser rate of £24. I do not remember agreeing to auto-renew with virgin when I first bought the service and I certainly haven't done so since. I wanted to discuss this with someone with a view to cancelling my account. I have been on hold to customer services for more than 10 minutes before being been cut off not once but twice. I then tried to manage my account online but got a 'page not found' error multiple times. I'm in a position where I literally cannot engage with Virgin to discuss the fact that I'm about to be auto-renewed onto a £480 a year tarrif. I've had to sign up to this community board just in the hope that someone will contact me to discuss. Not exactly treating customers fairly, Virgin. You've also cost me well over an hour of my weekend. Also, to add insult to injury, my internet connection is down. At least the app was able to let me know you're already aware of the issue in my area and aim to get it resolved by...midday tomorrow. A poor experience all round
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renewal

the £24 will have been a new customer offer to run for a certain amount of months - 12 months it would seem - after that the price will rise to the standard rate - you have not entered into a new contract you are now on a 30 day rolling contract so if you want to leave simply have to give 30 days notice with no penalty as thee would have been had you done that in the first 12 months

leave trying to contact them until tomorrow [monday] if you do get to speak to anybody today you will get offshore and they can and will make it up as they go on - avoid is the best advice

so ring tomorrow - talk to them and they will look at things to try and get you a better deal - i doubt it will be as low as the £24 but they will hopefully find something - be aware if you accept a new deal it will start a new contract or i think it will - double check that with them if it matters 

so follow the phone prompts to retentions

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos