Menu
Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Refund after money was incorrectly taken.

Virgin Media owe me £196 and have done for 6 months. I have reclaimed via indemnity and then had the money taken again due to their error. How can I escalate this as speaking to the useless people on the phone is like banging my head against a brick wall. They agree that they will pay me by cheque, but this has taken over 3 months due to errors by them when requesting the refund from their accounts department. Promises to call me back, promises to send me a letter, promises to send me a cheque Lies after lies after lies.

0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund after money was incorrectly taken.

Not sure where to post this as there is not a category for incompetence.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

May we ask why they owe you £196? Where has that figure come from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

£196 upfront line rental, taken from my bank account which was supposed to be refunded. The refund was forgotten and then refunded over a month late. Told to do an indemnity charge, which was refunded and then I was charged a late payment and then they took the £196 again along with a £10 late payment charge. They admit that it was their error but they keep screwing up the refund. How difficult can it be! I guess it depends on the process or the people applying the process. Shocking Customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

the line rental saver is non refundable if that is what its from
0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They said they would refund the £196, they processed the refund after they had taken the money, they were supposed to credit the account before taking payment but they made a mistake. They have admitted to their error. Simple, they owe me £196. I have contacted them more than 20 times. They have promised to send a cheque but they keep screwing it up by not following their process. I have been chasing this for 6-months. The questions are: How do I get it the £196 back? How do I escalate this? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have already followed as mentioned in their policy. Spoke with manager asked for senior manager to review and asked for response in writing. Just spent 1hr 2mins on the phone trying to resolve it again. Quoted their complaints procedure and they do not even know their own procedures. I told them I have kept records and recorded the calls. I was asked if I had a complaints reference and I replied that I was never given a reference. He then found my complaints ref and the original call ref. They say the cheque will now be processed. I have heard this for the last 6 months, I'll have to wait another month before the cheque arrives.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cranny1965

I am so sorry that the cheque refund issue has dragged on for such a while for you.

I have checked and can see that this was issued on the 20th for you and should be with you by now hopefully as sending a cheque refund takes up to 10 days.

Please keep us posted on when this arrives or if we need to support further with this for you. 

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Complete and utter waste of time, after 7 months £196 refunded and then my August bill has a charge on there for £196 aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! You try getting hold them, different person every time. They are crediting my account, so we will see what transpires, I won't hold my breath.

Nightmare.......

0 Kudos