Menu
stellasteve82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend

I was referred by my friend in August and signed up but neither of us got the £50. I contacted Virgin Media call centre today and the person said that because I had been given £40 free installation this covered virgin's offer to me.

I am sure that this is not true, my contract states that I get installation, activations and manned installation for £9.99. Nowhere does it mention my refer a friend offer on the contract which i signed.

This is independant of the £50 offer and I wondered if anyone else had simialr issues.

To me this seems like I have been missold my package.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend

you get £50 applied within 30 days of your installation date to the account not your bank account it maybe was there and not looked at the bills in my virgin media

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
stellasteve82
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Its not on the bill that I can see, the person on the phone tried to tell me that due to having installation refunded virgin media had given me an eqivelent amount of money back.

But that is different than the contract I signed and the offer on the refer a friend email.

Hoping that someone can check this as the response from the call centre was really poor.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i think better outcome ringing up with your friend to get it

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stellasteve82,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend

This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Checking your account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred however I can also see that you have since been able to speak to the team who have applied the credit for you Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

PS - Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos