0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Bills

You can view the current bill and five previous months bills via My Virgin Media. If you want a copy of a bill older than that you'd need to contact Customer Services.

If you need to keep bills older than six months on a regular basis, then each bill is available as a PDF for download.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can view the current bill and five previous months bills via My Virgin Media. If you want a copy of a bill older than that you'd need to contact Customer Services.

If you need to keep bills older than six months on a regular basis, then each bill is available as a PDF for download.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
abelljms
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

given that online storage is nearly free, only keeping 6 months onslime is pathetic. 2 years would be a vaguely acceptable good start. 

And wasting the Help Centre time calling them about such a simple question is crazy also - MAKE PROFITS - use technology to minimize calls to your help centre.

It's also very poor that there seems to be no visible official input from Virgin to these forums to give replies to queries raised. Ignoring the questions is silly, AND annoying.

abelljms
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also you could email the bills out, that way i get a copy to keep.

Many of your customers are businesses, and they need records for far longer than 6 months in order to fob off vatman/HMRCy etc...

I bet Mr. Happy has a serf who does all this for him, so he doesn't realize how useless the records are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi abelljms

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the bill copies, and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I appreciate what you're suggesting here. We are always looking to improve our processes and suggestions that may provide a better overall customer experience are always welcome.

I can confirm that we are able to also, aside from providing the copies of bills via My Virgin Media as @BenMcr touched on, provide email copies of the bills for our customers for the last 12 months which include a copy of each bill in a PFD format.

These can be requested via Webchat or via the phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Please keep in touch if you have any further suggestions. We'll be happy to pass them along for you Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

unclematty
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're still making it harder than it needs to be to get old bills.  Eg, when I tried to do webchat I got "All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later."  Why not just allow people to download bills from the last couple of years?  Is it huge work for your tech team to do that?

0 Kudos
bobdbandit
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I phoned 150 this morning to request some old bills for HMRC and was told I could only have them posted out to me and email wasn't an option. To add insult to injury Virgin want to charge me £2 per copy.

Having a laugh or what!!!

0 Kudos
dobbollah
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They have not changed their practive - £2 per bill to email a pdf file - yet again your customer service is disgustingly bad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dobbollah

Thanks for getting in touch about the copy bill process.

With respect to this you are able to order the last 6 months yourself via My Virgin Media for free.

You can download your bills every month from My Virgin Media for free in PDF format.

If you forget to do this and need copies of  them, you can contact us.

• Email bills are stored for up to 6 months- these can be resent for free.
  • A charge of £2.00 per copy older than 6 months*, will be applied to the your bill when the bill is posted. Bills older than 6 months are always sent in paper format not email hence the charge.
  • Paper bills are stored for up to 24 months
  • *Copy Itemisation can be ordered for previous bills produced within a 12 month period. These would be chargeable even for the ones produced in the last 6 months as the original bill format is not being requested but a fully itemised copy we have to reproduce for you.

You can contact our billing teams to arrange this via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep us posted if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos