Menu
woodkentrob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New customers offerred better deals than loyal customers

New customers offerred better deals than loyal customers......as a newbie I'd get more TV channels and  some weekend calls for the sae as I'm paying!    Also new deal for disabled......no staff know about it!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customers offerred better deals than loyal customers

Better deals for new customers is not unique to Virgin Media. It's the standard in the industry.

As an existing customer, you should negotiate with Retentions but don't expect what new customers get.

The disabled and old peoples' offering is only for landline only customers, fixing the landline price at £17.99 into the future. The current, standard price is £19.

Rsewell
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agree this is crazy. I have been told I am better off cancelling my contract and signing up again in my partners name! What a joke. Looking into BT and Sky where I can save £20 a month on my current bill. Just keep being told computer won't let me match the new customer price. I have been with virgin for 8 years but they are just too expensive now.
0 Kudos
woodkentrob
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem being they've got best speeds #& most reliable broadband.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virtually ever service provider does this. You sign up get a great deal. Things increase over time. New person comes along gets a better deal than you and so on. Sky may look appealing, you get a great deal, then of course in time you will be getting a poorer deal than a new customer. It's the way it works. For the record I don't agree with it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi woodkentrob, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 

New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 

The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy

Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos