Menu
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

My Offers in My Virgin Media - Feeling Ripped Off

After logging into my account I see this in my "Offers"

However, when I phoned up a month or so ago...I wasn't allowed these new offers. They're for new customers only!

And instead my current bill is £80.63 for:

4 months back I had the same specs as the Big Kahuna Bundle...all for the low low price of £115.00 per month! And now that I've downgraded...I've got a sneaky suspicion I'm stuck for 12 months for something I don't like!

Not to mention your "Superhub 2" has by far the worst WiFi I've ever come across. The signal disappears every 12 hours or so, (still connected, full bars...no signal) and the router has to be reset.

Gee! Thanks Virgin! You guys are the best!...a loyal customer for 5 years and no loyalty shown back.

VM Customer Since 2010
TV XL - 2x TiVo 500GB
Phone XL
Broadband - 200Mbps Vivid
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feeling Ripped Off

Nice to see that the moderators are reading customers comments...

VM Customer Since 2010
TV XL - 2x TiVo 500GB
Phone XL
0 Kudos
haggiscatcher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You can always phone retention's and ask for a "Loyalty Discount"

The amount varies a lot though

Also remember that those deals you are looking at are for a limited time, after that you will be charged more.

Calling is free on 150 so you have nothing to lose

I do agree with you though, Ive been with virgin for years and have to ask to get a loyalty discount

Seems they charge you more for being a loyal customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ezzy, 

Thanks for your post. 

As this is a Community Forum, we do respond however it may take a few days as we try and work the posts in date order to make things fair on everyone. As much as we'd love to be here 24/7 to help our customers, we're not able to. 

Did you get a chance to call 150 as suggested by haggiscatcher?

What did the support team advise?

Let us know Smiley Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IrinaV
Settling in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat now.  Just finished a survey for VM (wish I seen the new bundle deals before that) and I can honestly say I am not amused.  I've been paying roughly £36.13 for my package (BB 50mb  it was 30mb but was 'supercharged' & Phone W/ends).  If you look at their package options you can get that PLUS 60+ TV channels for a total of £38.99.  I know I'm not the greatest at maths but surely they aren't charging just £2.86 for 60 channels 10 hd channels?  Am I missing something here?  Lets not forget the Tivo box included btw.  If I look at the page for my offers they want £38.99 just to add the TV so again why am I paying only £2.86 less than customers with technically a better package deal? 

If I want to upgrade my Internet (as I don't need TV as I rarely watched it so opted to not bother) they want me to pay an extra £5 depending on my current package?  Until I call them it could be more or less however from looking at it they are going to want a minimum of £5.  If I pay the extra £5 then I am paying more for a smaller value package.  

Their is no way they are only charging £2.86 for 60 channels and a Tivo box.  Not when the rest of the package setup is the same. I would actually be better of getting the TV (as in that package) and asking for the same price in total.  But I simply do not want or need it.  Guess I'll have to call them now and query this. Great business model this for annoying existing customers.

I really do not see how I can be paying so little less for a smaller value package. I know my case isn't anywhere near as 'bad' as yours but how to VM get away with their ridiculous pricing systems? Feeling ripped off is the perfect title for this post

0 Kudos
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I doubt I'll even bother with VM to be honest. Whenever I ring to discuss pricing or anything like that, I always get the non-UK call center who say they can't offer anything.

Probably gonna switch soon to another supplier. Preferably one who doesn't just give new customers all the cheap deals and make their long standing customers subsidise it.

Just spotted this on the main page too!

Seems things are getting cheaper and cheaper for new customers...

VM Customer Since 2010
TV XL - 2x TiVo 500GB
Phone XL
0 Kudos
L4liverbird
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Not just me then!  Smiley LOL

Three price rises in a year (end of loyalty discount £5 was one) and nothing has improved. Now no catch-up TV for a week - I am better off with Freeview and my Hudl!! Def thinking of switching in the next week or two.

No response to my query on here. The non-UK call centre don't have a clue - they just have a script so if your query doesn't fit into that then you have no chance. They give you the wrong phone numbers too and inaccurate info. Got a text on Sat early to say the fault had been fixed - no it hasn't! 

Not at all happy. I also filled in the VM survey last night - awful timing! Value for money?? You have to be kidding!!

Reviews of other providers (Whick?) don't seem great so might just go for the cheapest. I begrudge paying £39.13 per month for the lowest of everything and still feeling ripped off. The broadband is pretty reliable and fast but the rest.... just a joke!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi IrinaV, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

With Virgin Media, the more products/services you have the bigger the discount you get is. We offer packages based on 3 products, TV, Broadband and Phone, if people start to pick and choose what they want the discount goes down. 

It's pretty much the same with anything and everything really. Say you go to a resturant and look at the meal deals there'll be a set price. If you then decide you don't want something then you lose the discount and have to pay for things seperately. 

I understand it can be frustrating when you're not getting much of a discount even though you have one less product. 

We can have a little look at the package you're on and how to make it better for you. Just give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ezzy, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The offer you are showing there is only available at the lower price to new customers. Everyone will get a new customer deal when they join just like you would have benefited from one when you joined. The offer is available to existing customers at the same price the new customer will pay once their introductory discount is over. 

We wouldn't like to lose you but if leaving is what you decide to do, we'll respect that as understand you need to do what's right for you. 

I would say don't make any rash decisions until you've at least spoken to the team as you have nothing to lose really. Other than possibly a few pounds of your monthly price Smiley Happy

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,  
Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi L4liverbird, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

You've mentioned that you've not had any response to your query on here but we only have one post from you which is this one. Have you posted or sent a private message to the staff?

It sounds as though you have a fault in the area which is why you would have had the text. If you are still having issues, pop a post outlining the issues you are having in the TV boards and our experts there will be able to diagnose and resolve Smiley Happy

I hope you do stay with us and give us a chance to fix this. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos