Menu
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leaving

Hello!

My contract is coming to end.  I have been a customer for over 20 years, but it has become increasingly expensive and I find the TV service useless.  Channels I've had for years have been taken away and I had my package changed without warning.  (No, I didn't get the letter)  So I am paying more for less channels.  I recently got an Amazon Fire Stick and am getting all the channels I want, for £4.99. I have tried to get through to retentions, but all I get when I press option 1, is someone saying they are putting me through to someone, not option for, 'thinking of leaving us.'  After 15 minutes of waiting, I gave up.  

I really want to keep the broadband and I suppose it would be cheaper to keep the phone line too?  The way things are going, I think by the time I manage to speak to someone, I'll cancel the whole lot.

Why is it so difficult to do something so simple?

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving

Hi Karenesque, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The only time adding a Sky Premium to your package would result in a new contract is if you upped your actual package rather than adding on the premium channels. 

More often than not, removing a service won't save you as much as you'd think as you do lose a discount for having more than one service. 

There is always something we can do, even if it mean's lowering the broadband speed or reducing the package in some way. 

Any one you get through to can help transfer you to the Retention's team so just ask to be transferred. That's the team you need Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karenesque, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're thinking of leaving us Smiley Sad 

We're always looking at ways to improve our services and based of customer feedback, we did do a complete revamp of our packages. As a result of that, no channels were removed though. 

From time to time, broadcasters offer their channels that are usually reserved for the top packages for free on lower packages. These promotions only last a month or so. This could be what you've lost. 

I understand you need to do what's right for you and if you're not getting any value from the TV Service then we will aid you to remove this. You will need to speak to the relations team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kath F.  Well, I can't seem to get through to the department you suggest.  I have spoken to 3 different people, got 3 different answers, one was very helpful, but the other 2 didn't seem to care.  Basically, no one can help me, if I remove the TV service, my bill goes up.  I thought my contract came to an end in  May, but apparently not.  By taking the special offer on Sky movies, I took out a new contract, if someone had told me that at the time, I wouldn't have bothered.  According to the records, something was sent to me, but I didn't receive anything, because I would have queried it, at the time.  So my special offers come to an end in May and my bill goes up.  I asked to change packages and my bill goes up.  Whatever I do, my bill goes up and no one seems to want to do anything.  Anyway, after all this, it is obvious, whether May or December,  there is no point to being a loyal customer.  I would have liked to stay but, when I'm told in a very polite way, I am a liar, because I deny being told about my new contract and receiving the paperwork, I can wait until December.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Karenesque, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The only time adding a Sky Premium to your package would result in a new contract is if you upped your actual package rather than adding on the premium channels. 

More often than not, removing a service won't save you as much as you'd think as you do lose a discount for having more than one service. 

There is always something we can do, even if it mean's lowering the broadband speed or reducing the package in some way. 

Any one you get through to can help transfer you to the Retention's team so just ask to be transferred. That's the team you need Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, I will try again, but the last person was adamant there was nothing they could do. I really didn't appreciate being told I had taken out a new contract, when I had received nothing telling me that, but because they could nothing for me, essentially I was dismissed.

I am not a particularly demanding person and I am never rude, but you can certainly understand why people get annoyed. Three people, three different stories, none of which got me through to the department you suggest.

Thank you for help.

0 Kudos
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I finally got through to retentions and they did do something for me!  If I removed the TV completely it would have cost more, (plus there was a one off fee)  so I went down to the basic package and because I was on 70Mbps and the minimum you provide is now 100Mbps, I went to that.  I'm not quite sure why it took 4 calls.  Yes, I did have to take out a new contract, but they definitely told me that this time!  Perhaps it is hoped you will just give up?  I suppose all the energy is put into getting new customers, which is fine, but you should remember your long term customers too.

0 Kudos
EllieJ
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Virgin Media since it first started as NTLworld & still never got an updated email address .  It is appalling that new members get cheaper prices, faster speeds etc.   I intend to cancel everything except broadband, if possible .   I have also been a long standing Virgin Mobile customer, this counts for nothing! 

0 Kudos