_DR_
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed for a 2nd time

• Ordered in February, install date of 28th March 
  • Rescheduled until 31st 
  • Signed contract
  • Yesterday, received news my installation has been delayed until the 18th of April due to 'local authority' problems

The installation was intended to coincide with my moving into a new house. Now I will not have an internet connection for about 3 weeks. I work in software and frequently from home, and this is a major issue for me.

I have tried to get through to the pre-install team and get nothing but hours of hold music

Can Virgin give me any kind of discount or assistance for putting up with this? (+ telling me at the last moment there will be a three week delay - a month after I set up my order) e.g. mobile credit or contribution to a 30 day modem so I can at least get 3G/4G in the meantime?

0 Kudos
mohammedP
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed for a 2nd time

I had the same problem. Their engineer came on scheduled date and went back saying that it was a two mans job. The date was rescheduled 3 weeks later. I have spoken to their customer service and asked them for compensation on the ground that I had to extend my stay with Sky who are charging me extra. They have promised £40 bill credit.  I asked them to confirm this by e mail. They said they would do it within 24 hours. Nothing happened.  wait and see when my first bill is produced.             

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi _DR_, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that your installation has been postponed again. It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again.  On top of this there may be issues with Wayleave.

Checking your account to see what's happened, it looks as though there will already be works going on in your area for the date we were hoping to get started. As we're not able to collaborate, the permit has been denied. 

We have reapplied now though so fingers crossed this one gets accepted. 

Check back here for more updates or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
_DR_
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My installation has now been delayed again to the 3rd of May.

I was offered a speed bump to 100Mbp and refund of activation/setup fee. The latter is great, although I realised that 100 meg is now the standard for new customers any way, so yeah...

I understand that cabling requires the local authority to approve - I really do. But I think your site and the wording of where connectivity is available is intentionally misleading. There should be an up-front warning / notice of lead time for this kind of work.

Especially for people moving home (which I did) I also think it is ridiculous that you can leave people without internet for more than an entire month, and not have something concrete to offer them when work is constantly delayed (e.g. "We will pay expenses for up to £X for mobile broadband use" or provide a tie-in for generic ADSL over a phone line to give basic connectivity for 30 days etc. etc.)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi _DR_, 

I am very sorry to hear that the permits have failed again Smiley Sad 

We always advise for you not to cancel a previous provider before our services are installed and working however I do realise that with moving home, it's a totally different situation. 

Usually the team can look in to a credit however we wouldn't be able to look at this until you are fully installed. Also there is no guarantee anything will be applied as this is a residential service. 

I can only apologise for the delay. Fingers crossed things get moving soon Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos