Menu
drmurray13
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation Woes ... not a great way to treat a new customer

hi... so this is my first post on the board and unfortunatey it's to highlight a complete failure of Virgin to follow through on an installation not once but twice... I'm writting this prior to spending another hour on the phone with Virgin support ... My area is just being enabled to take cable ... so i have already had by street torn up by a team of contractors who managed to upset nearly everyone... by hey digging holes is distruptive. Anyway on the 11th of November i stayed in ALL DAY (took a holiday from work) to await my installation of TV and Broadband... i got all the emails, texts telling me to be at home etc. Well no one showed up and no one messaged me that they would not turn up. So on Saturday my husband phoned Virgin ... well phone them 3 times actually to try and get sorted out. Anyway apart from being told how would they know why no one turned up etc, but my street MAY not be connected yet, and just find one of the people digging up a steet nearby and ask them ... so basically not a clue what was happening .. except the system didn't match the reality from a Virgin perspective. So agreed to keep the account open (we didn't cancel) and check back early the next week. So on Monday we checked and it looked like our account no longer had broadband listed (found out it was just how the system showed it to us.) but we were live on TV.. so through chat and phone calls for another hour was told that definately it would be installed on Thursday 17th between 12 and 6pm. We asked them to double/double check that i was enabled ... physically my house has the cable run past and a small cover plate is outside my drive, so should be ok. I asked them to double check it would definately happen and was 100% guarenteed to be on for Thursday... so no surpise for the second time no one showed up and no contact to say they wouldn't ... another day off work ... i love using my vacation days to cover Virgin lack of processes and management controls. I was very clear that if Virgin failed again i would be less than happy... so here is the post to share my dissappointment. So rant nearly over ... just got to now phone Virgin again.... to be honest i NEVER had an issue with SKY on installation, service, contract or billing ... kinda wonder why i want to move now. Using my 2 day vaction up is costing me more than any saving i was looking to get. :-( Barbara
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Woes ... not a great way to treat a new customer

Hi drmurray13,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you have been faced with trying to get installed. Checking things at this end, it looks as though even though the cables have been laid, we're still waiting on a cabinet to be commissioned to connect the cables to our network. 

Until this done, we won't be able to install you. The problem with this time of work is that there is no estimate fix date either so it could be done within 2 weeks, it may be 2 months Smiley Sad

I wish I had better news for you. 

If there is anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos