Menu
cryfreedom
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation Postponed

I started a switch to Virgin Media at the start of January and gave Talk Talk 30 days cancellation notice. Everything was set to leave Talk Talk and get installed on the 7th of February. Then we got a call on Friday the 3rd to say that they had discovered there was no cables in the box for our street, so the installation couldn't go ahead. The best estimate we have been given is 6-8 weeks till we can get an installation, is there any more information we could get about what is happening. What's worse is that when we tried to stop the cancellation of service with Talk Talk, they said it was too late in the process and that we would need to sign up to a 12 month contract. My son is training to work in Web design, so having no internet connection is worse than unfortunate for him. We would just like to know what is being done and how long it will take.
0 Kudos
cryfreedom
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Postponed

Update: I've been on the phone to the pre installation department who said they could not give me an idea of the delay length other than it would take a considerable amount of time. They said that if we enter another 12 month contract with Talk Talk, Virgin Media would buy us out once we could get installed. Is there any way we could have this agreement in writing as the termination fee from Talk Talk could be more than £150, which I do not believe I should have to pay for an error on Virgin Media's part.
0 Kudos
cryfreedom
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update: A neighbour got installed today. I called and was told that our cabinet had not been commissioned, the same one that our neighbour just got connected to! Does anyone know why we can't get an installation?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cryfreedom

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums and for joining us on the community too Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear there is a delay to the installation for you.

I appreciate your neighbour has had services connected and I am sorry but the neighbour must be connected to an alternative cabinet not the one that is showing as not commissioned for you just yet.

I appreciate that since you have posted to us you have been in touch with our Pre Install support team or PIC team and they have explained further for you the status of this service installation process.

If there is anything else we can support you with, please just let us know!

!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"