Menu
bodger99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I already have XXL - is the ‘Vivid 200 Gamer’ add-on worth it to a 'non-gamer' like me?

I've got the XXL package running at 200 meg - I have no problems at present. However, I'm always looking to make my internet experience even better where possible.

I just read about the ‘Vivid 200 Gamer’. I don't play online games but I do watch quite a lot of video - football, movies etc. Would the add-on with its increased upload speeds, (from 12Mbps to 20Mbps I gather), be of any benefit to a 'non-gamer' like me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I already have XXL - is the ‘Vivid 200 Gamer’ add-on worth it to a 'non-gamer' like me?

If all you do is make use of the downstream side for the most part (downloading, browsing, watching streams) then it wouldn't really add anything new to your experience. It's there for those who upload a lot game content and upload a lot of content in general (like Cloud backups and so on.)

Edit: adjusted

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
bodger99
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I already have XXL - is the ‘Vivid 200 Gamer’ add-on worth it to a 'non-gamer' like me?

Thanks for the quick response - it confirmed what I was thinking.

0 Kudos