Menu
Highlighted
wingcom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Feeling ripped off

okay I signed up to the VM Big Daddy package a couple of years ago but now I'm paying £142 for that package, with TiVo, HD box, 200mb broadband, full phone & TV. However, new customers AFTER their offer period are paying £120 a month, for exactly the same package,BUT the also get a 2nd TiVo and the new router. How's that work then? Sky Q's top package equivalent is £120 too, but if I move there I get £110 cash back from topcashback and a free 32" Samsung TV. So VM what will you do to keep me? Now that my kids are going to Uni I don't need the bandwidth anymore, so that's no enticement to stay!

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Feeling ripped off

If you signed up for that package a couple of years ago and have made no changes since, you can switch to one of the new bundles without any hassle, and pay the same as new punters (after introductory discount)

150, thinking of leaving us during office hours. They will be able to sort it out. You may even get a small loyalty discount.

FYI its worth phoning in and negotiating every time your minimum term ends.

Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also worth mentioning that if after an initial 18 month minimal period you do nothing as are relatively happy with what you have & paying the price etc.  Just think, your initial price per month is also set to cover all installation and equipment costs.  After that, your in effect paying a lot more to receive the same services as those initial costs will have been covered.  Kind of like bonus profits for VM in return for remaining a customer than cheaper loyalty prices for the customer for remaining a customer after the initial contract!.

Everyone should negotiate and get a decent retentions deal after there first 18 months.  As otherwise it's just like you continue to pay full price mobile phone contracts after 2 years to in the full knowledge of you've paid for the handset so why pay the full hardware covering prices each month after that?.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you signed up for that package a couple of years ago and have made no changes since, you can switch to one of the new bundles without any hassle, and pay the same as new punters (after introductory discount)

150, thinking of leaving us during office hours. They will be able to sort it out. You may even get a small loyalty discount.

FYI its worth phoning in and negotiating every time your minimum term ends.

Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also worth mentioning that if after an initial 18 month minimal period you do nothing as are relatively happy with what you have & paying the price etc.  Just think, your initial price per month is also set to cover all installation and equipment costs.  After that, your in effect paying a lot more to receive the same services as those initial costs will have been covered.  Kind of like bonus profits for VM in return for remaining a customer than cheaper loyalty prices for the customer for remaining a customer after the initial contract!.

Everyone should negotiate and get a decent retentions deal after there first 18 months.  As otherwise it's just like you continue to pay full price mobile phone contracts after 2 years to in the full knowledge of you've paid for the handset so why pay the full hardware covering prices each month after that?.

wingcom
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're absolutely right. I just hate the threats, thebrinkmanship and then having to call their bluff. That's how I ended up being with VM in the first place, because Sky told me I was being "cheeky" asking for a revised price and then stonewalled me. ill call them tomorrow.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Decent thing Ive found about dealing with them is you don't usually need to go through all that threatening to leave etc etc.

Ive always looked around, got a price for an equivalent service from another supplier and just given that to them. They'll usually be able to match it or near enough (excluding introductory discount obviously.)

Others on here HAVE threatened to leave and got an improved offer, but personally as long as I feel I am getting value for money, a mutually agreeable price without the hassle is where I wind up.

0 Kudos
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Call retentions and get a better deal
0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am a pensioner and have been with VM for over 15 years. I have Medium TV. with Tivo. 50mb broadband and telephone.. New customers get a cheaper deal (after introductory 6 months) than I get. When I have questioned this, I am told that I am already getting discount on my account. If I knock off the discount, new customers are paying almost half of what I pay. Where is the logic in this? Plus I am now on my 4th Tivo box. This new one is less than two months old but it is like a steam traction engine. Constantly buffering. When will VM get decent software into the Tivo boxes?

Now seriously looking at other suppliers. Already bought a Freeview recordable box so that I can prepare for kicking VM out the door.

I have recently renewed my mobile phone and now have one of the very latest Samsung models. My monthly account was refreshed as at  23.59 23rd. Nov. I checked my account this morning and found that overnight from midnight to 8.47am this morning. my data account had been used ten (10) times. When I checked with VM mobile, I was told with all new phones, manufacturers send through latest updates using your data. Eventually my data, 500mb, would be used up by updates and that I would have to pay for any extra usage. I have shut off data on my phone and will use free data from my broadband modem.

I think VM stands for VERY MESSY.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi compuadd

Thanks for popping by and for letting us know about the service you have had with us as a customer.

I appreciate that you feel new customers get a better deal and yes there are deals available for new customers that we are unable to replicate as loyalty offers. We are able to look at loyalty offers for existing customers and if you'd like to get in touch with our teams to chat about this then please give them a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they would be happy to help out and look into this for you.

With respect to the TiVo® service, if this is running slowly then please let us know if you'd like us to take another look into this for you and we'll do what we can to rectify this ongoing issue for you.

I hope you got a chance to sort out your Virgin Mobile query too. If not then feel free to drop a post back to our teams on the mobile boards in the above link and they'll cast their expert eyes over this for you Smiley Happy

Let us know if you need help with the TiVo® service!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Check replies from other Virgin staff who have admitted there is a general fault with Tivo running slow and they are working (very slowly) to rectify fault. I have suggested that they get new software instead of using obsolete software.

It would appear that you are not on the same page or planet as other staff.

0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I recently phoned virgin media as I didn't feel I was getting value for money  I got a better deal plus they changed me to a TiVo box which is awful I'm on a 12 month contract but as soon as its up  I'm leaving virgin as its not worth the money I hardly use the phone and the broadband bad they are just profiteering profit before service