Menu
benjohnson20
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with Virgin Media call centre hanging up the phone before they speak!!

Calling Virgin Media is truly a bad experience and someone needs to get sacked!

Waited 13 minutes, person answered then hung up. Called again, 15 minutes (both times it said up to 2 minutes waiting!!), for the person to then hang up again!

Seriously - Virgin Media, get your act together and stop your staff hanging up the phone to keep the call centre numbers down - disgraceful! 

Only called as got a price increase despite only having the account from August. Would't normally mind so much if the service wasn't so absolutely rubbish. The TiVo box latency is possibly the worst experience possible and the internet is never anywhere near 100MB... so to put the price up is a joke! Get me out of here... Sky is far more superior. Virgin don't appear to invest in the system adequately one of their engineers even told me that... 

Hopefully a Virgin staff member would do the right thing and call me back after wasting my time!??

Pjones173
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with Virgin Media call centre hanging up the phone before they speak!!

Having the same problem. Really annoying part of this is where the automated service states that Virgin values its customer service!! What!? Increase in costs = poor service and zero customer contact

benjohnson20 wrote:

Calling Virgin Media is truly a bad experience and someone needs to get sacked!

Waited 13 minutes, person answered then hung up. Called again, 15 minutes (both times it said up to 2 minutes waiting!!), for the person to then hang up again!

Seriously - Virgin Media, get your act together and stop your staff hanging up the phone to keep the call centre numbers down - disgraceful! 

Only called as got a price increase despite only having the account from August. Would't normally mind so much if the service wasn't so absolutely rubbish. The TiVo box latency is possibly the worst experience possible and the internet is never anywhere near 100MB... so to put the price up is a joke! Get me out of here... Sky is far more superior. Virgin don't appear to invest in the system adequately one of their engineers even told me that... 

Hopefully a Virgin staff member would do the right thing and call me back after wasting my time!??

0 Kudos
popnjam
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with Virgin Media call centre hanging up the phone before they speak!!

Yep all too familiar, have had bucket loads of that, I have not been rude or angry but have been round and round in circles with them. The call centre staff mostly say scripted stuff and the managers are very rude if you ever manage to hear back from them.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM staff will answer here - takes them about a week - as to call backs - dont hold your breath

the price increase gives you a get out of jail card if you want to use it - you can give 30 days notice with no penalty 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi benjohnson20,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting through to the team. 

When calling, we try and answer all calls as quickly as possible whilst still giving the best customer service as possible. Sometimes when you have been on hold for so long, the line will cut off. We have already fed this back to stop future issues such as this. 

Since posting, have you had much luck getting through to us? If not via the phone, try the web chat via here: Contact Us

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chris_c81
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here tonight.  Twice cut off after approx. 15 minutes.

Disgraceful.  No internet connection in a house with two kids and heating system that is hooked in to the WiFi.

0 Kudos