Menu
DomoTerimo2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Double payment!

Ok, so I recently used the online system to pay my bill early so as not to spend the money without meaning to, but found that Virgin took the money again, on my bill date via direct debit.

Having looked around the community I see that if you use the online system it doesn't affect the DD system and whatever they take will sit as credit on your account.

Could you answer me this though?

Come the time of my next bill, will virgin take from the credited amount or from my direct debit for the payment?

If this means that they will take from the credit on my next bill date and no further monies will come from my account next time, then I am happy with that, as it makes sense, but if they will take the DD again and leave the credit untouched it makes no sense.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Double payment!

Yes, any credit on your account will be debited from the bill amount before the Direct Debit is requested. In your case, since your credit is the same as your bill amount, there will be no Direct Debit from your bank account.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, any credit on your account will be debited from the bill amount before the Direct Debit is requested. In your case, since your credit is the same as your bill amount, there will be no Direct Debit from your bank account.

DomoTerimo2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ah brilliant, thanks, I can rest easy next month knowing I've already paid up for it.

Thanks for the clarification Smiley Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos