Menu
Markmywordsltd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Death

You invited me to 'join the fun'. Here goes.

Of all the organisations I've been dealing with after my brother's death, Virgin Media is much, much the worst. No dedicated phone number for the bereavement team - or none you can easily find. That team is obviously understaffed - you can never get through and have to leave a message. There is a good chance they will confuse your name with your late loved one's – which is obviously distressing.

I know these things aren't very sexy if you're a brand like Virgin – but this is hopeless – even callous – customer service.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death

Must be a bad time for you, I feel for you. I too have been called by my dead brothers name in the past so truely can sympathise with the hurt it causes.

Have you had a look at the sticky at the top of the forums for the bereavment information? Will repost here for ease of clicking.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-to-do-if-a-Virgin-Media-account...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markmywordsltd

I am so very sorry to hear of your brothers passing and my sincere condolences on your loss to you and your family.

I understand that you will have a lot going on trying to resolve his estate with varying companies and I am very sorry to hear that the experience you have had with us in trying to look after your brothers account has been a poor one.

Could you let us know if you were trying to close the account down or trying to take over ownership of the account he had with us?

If you were looking to close the account then if you call the teams via 0345 454 1111 or 150 if you have access to a Virgin Media line, our Retentions teams via option1, then 4, then 5, will be able to support you by arranging this for you.

If you are looking to take over the account then if you contact us via the same numbers but choose option 1, then 1 then 4 that gets you through to Customer Care. Once you've spoken to a Customer Care team member they will then pass you through to our Bereavement Teams who are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm in order to arrange the account transfer.

If it's outside that window then we fill in a call back form for you which is responded to within 24-48 working hours from the time this is raised for you.

If you need me to support you in any other way, just let me know and I’ll do whatever I can to support you further.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Markmywordsltd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm abroad at present. Is there any way we can deal with this over email? thanks, MJ

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MJ

I'm happy to pick this up with you on the forums if you're looking to close the account completely. We can look at liaising with retentions on your behalf given that you're not currently in the UK.

If you're looking for someone to take over the account then the Bereavement Team would have to call you or arrange to speak to you during their working hours.

I can fill in a call back request for them to contact you but this usually happens within 24-48 hours during the working week and if you're non contactable outside of the UK this may not be successful.

If you could let us know which option you are looking to follow on behalf of your brother, I'll do my best to find a workaround for you if it's the latter option you need.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos