Menu
Message 6 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

We're aware that from time to time our street furniture may become damaged or vandalised. Street furniture includes things like our Green cabinets and even manhole covers.

To help you report these issues to us simply pop a post below and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
chriskooper
Joining in
Message 1 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Disused street cabinet - VM cabs reference 27943782 (Corbet Place E1 London)

Broken disused cabinet reported 4/8/17 on corner of Corbet Place/Jerome Street E1

Unfortunately being used for rubbish and also for suspicious behaviour to climb over wall into private property (police aware)

Can the cabinet be removed if it is not in use? Many thanks, Chris

(or at least repaired so that it can no longer be used for dumping rubbish into)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disused street cabinet - VM cabs reference 27943782 (Corbet Place E1 London)

Hi chriskooper, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear there has been an unused cabinet used in your area for storing rubbish and suspicious behaviour. Smiley Sad 

We've recently changed the way in how we report damaged/open cabinets. We now take the reports ourselves. I've raised this up today for you so someone should be out to investigate over the next week or so. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chriskooper
Joining in
Message 3 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disused street cabinet - VM cabs reference 27943782 (Corbet Place E1 London)

Thank you very much Kath

Please let me know if you need any more information

With best wishes,

Chris

0 Kudos
Hobbo48
Joining in
Message 4 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Faulty cabinets

Well the cabinet you supposedly repaired on Peterdale Road S43 1JA is flapping open again. Well done to the person who repaired it just weeks ago.  The door of the cabinet on Coronation Road S43 1EU has actually come off the cabinet and is just propped up against the side leaving the wires totally exposed and ready for the weather/kids to pull out.  If you can't maintain cabinets don't use them - they look an eyesore and are open to vandalism  

0 Kudos
chriskooper
Joining in
Message 5 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Dear Kath,

thanks for your previous note. Is there any way to obtain an update on this, please?

Many thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Cotterpin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Reporting this for someone else.

There is an exposed cable/duct on the footpath in WN4 8PH.

The cable comes out of a small inspection cover and passes over the footpath/garden edging kerb and is then buried in the garden. This has come visible after a largish shrub was removed from the garden.

There is now a possibility of someone tripping over this cable.
estellell
Joining in
Message 8 of 56
Flag for a moderator

There is a cabinet with the door wide open on Kingsland Road, Hemel Hempstead (HP1 1QE).

By the way, reporting this is really not very straightforward. The information here (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html) suggests you call, but there's no obvious way through the phone maze to report it; reporting it on the forum has required me to complete a sign-up process. It makes it a lot of effort to try and help you guys...

tpeckitt
Joining in
Message 9 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning,

The Cabinet on Grissom Close in Stafford panel has been removed.

Please can you confirm if an engineer will come and sort this out as it has been interrupting my TV signal.

Kind Regards,

tpeckitt

JDowning
Joining in
Message 10 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I would like to report a broken box on Roman Road in Royton OL2 5PQ opposite the entrance to St Aidan's School.