Menu
polygonum
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Contract Termination Fee

I do not understand why, after something like 15 years of being customers, we are being charged a Contract Termination Fee (actually two fees - £14 + £7) because we are moving house.

If we were in the initial period of a contract, I might not be happy but I would understand.

If we were choosing to use a different provider at the new location, again, I might not be happy but I would understand.

We have been in simple roll-over and keep paying every month for years. In our new location VM are unable to offer anything at all. Not our choice - VM's to not supply.

This is nothing like as painful as the £240 charge I have just read about. Still seems mightily unfair. And one thing is or absolute certain, it has completely removed any possibility of considering VM as a supplier of anything, anywhere, at any time.

Helpful Answers
crany
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract Termination Fee

Hi you are best to give 150 a call from a virgin phone to talk to them about the fee as if your outside your contract and gave them 30days notice before you leave there should be no fees at all, if your interested the fees can be found here

All Replies
crany
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi you are best to give 150 a call from a virgin phone to talk to them about the fee as if your outside your contract and gave them 30days notice before you leave there should be no fees at all, if your interested the fees can be found here

polygonum
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will try but if you think about it, we are no longer on Virgin, so 150 is no use as a contact number!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi polygonum,

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused by this.

Feel free to give the team a call on 0345 454 1111, to discuss this further.

Let me know if there is anything more I can help with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paulinedalton
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sounds bad to me.  i got to bring my package down apparantely they want an activation fee

0 Kudos
paulinedalton
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ring them

0 Kudos
JurgsJJ
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I came across the same problem today.
I have been made redundant and have no income in my household. Phone to cancel my entire package and subscription and few hours later email came through explaining how my package has been changed and updated. Apperantly I'm still keeping line rental which I've asked to cancel and they are applying one of cancelation fee of £ 26 and termination fee of £3 pounds!!!! I'm out of my contract so no fees should apply. And on top of that the person that was dealing me call in disconnection team called me a **bleep** IDIOT.
Charming customers service as always. ... so glad life forced me to cancel this subscription.

JurgsJJ

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JurgsJJ

I appreciate you taking the time both to join us on the community regarding the Contract Termination Fees and for dropping by with your post.

I understand that circumstances are currently difficult for you given what you have said and I do hope that this changes for the better for you soon.

I have taken a look into the request that was processed for you earlier and would like to offer some further support for you.

In order for me to do so can you please get back in touch with me via the pm I am sending to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back to me on this that would be fab.

With respect to your feedback on the way the call was handled may I profusely apologise. This is being fed back to be investigated and looked into on your behalf. This kind of language is unacceptable and will be dealt with accordingly upon investigation.

If you could please get back to me on my pm that would be lovely.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"