Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contact Email address

I have changed my contract today, but despite my changing my contact email ages ago on My Virgin Media....................why have they sent the contract details to my unused email account ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact Email address

Bruv wrote:

I have changed my contract today, but despite my changing my contact email ages ago on My Virgin Media....................why have they sent the contract details to my unused email account ?

Some changes get stuck in the propagation phase, that is to say while it may say it is changed on your side of things, the change might not have fully propagated through the VM system end. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can probably get this sorted for you, but the response times for them are a bit of a variable currently (up to two weeks.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I changed the contact address over twelve months ago, I get email from Virgin at the new address I think, although I am not sure now after thinking about it. The old address has received 1416 mostly spam mails in the past 12 months some from Virgin and other contacts I didn't inform or want to inform of the change.

The sign in for the old ntlworld address uses a gmail account, so I am very confused. The old address only appears in my profile beneath my contact details under the heading My Services as Virgin media mail address linked to my web space, the Contact address is clearly a virginmedia address.

Do I just wait for contact or flag the post for moderators attention ?

Shelke ? Is that a Scandinavian name ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And you wanted the contact email address (under the profile tab) to list your gmail also (not just be the sign in email)? It should show your chosen contact email address, not the underlying VM email as the contact. Did you try changing the contact email back to your gmail and see if sticks the next time?

It would just be a case of waiting for a response, but do re-change the contact email address in the meantime. The staff will be able to check that it has saved the change this time around.

Oh, no it isn't that, it's urdu for orange.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Under the profile tab my username is the gmail account, but I never ever wanted that, when asking here, I was advised to use a third party email account so I could eventually drop the ntlworld account due to a deluge of spam. To that end I made the ntlworld account an online standby account that I check in case I had failed to notify an important contact of the change. The old and unwanted email account is listed under My Profile under the subheading My Services as My Virgin Media Mail address, below that it says it is also my Alternate email address, how that works I have no idea, also it is linked linked to my WebspaceI never use the gmail account, other than logging into Google, but my mobile and My VM have been changed to a virginmedia account for contact, VM have not updated their end.