Menu
davidmccann
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Confused about cost of upgrading package

Current situation: I am currently in a 12 month contract for 50 meg broadband only until March 2017, having moved home in March 2016, meaning I had to sign up to a new 12 month contract then.

Issue: I received through the post what looks like a decent upgrade offer, whereby I'd get 100 meg broadband AND the Fun TV package for about £3/month less than I'm currently paying for broadband only. This new package would be a new 12 month min contract with the price fixed for 24 months.

I rang the call centre who said that because I am still only 10 months into my existing 12 month contract, I'd have to continue paying that off for another 2 months, in addition to the new charge on the new offer contract. This would make the upgrade a whole lot less appealing. Unfortunately the upgrade offer only lasts until 14th Feb, so I can't wait until nearer the time.

Question - does this sound right that you have to effectively double pay for a period? I would have thought Virgin would be keen for me to upgrade whilst still in contract and thus lock me in for a further period of time?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about cost of upgrading package

Hi davidmccann

Thanks for joining us on the forums and for dropping by with your post about the new package options.

It doesn't sound right at all what you have been advised? If you have been given an existing customer offer through the post, not a new customer offer, then you should be able to update the package you have with us anytime. It would commit you to a new contract with us.

As you have broadband only and would be looking to take on board TV too with us then you can chat about this with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

Please get back in touch with the teams and let us know how this goes for you.

Take care, and pop back anytime you need anything else Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos