Menu
christoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - What a mess

2 weeks ago on the 1st of March I pre-ordered a Virgin Media package to be installed on the 18th March when I am moving into my property. An engineer visit was scheduled for the day.

On Saturday 18th March, I waited and received no visit from the engineer. I also now realise I never received the setup box (surely been easier for the engineer to bring this?!). I had no communication from Virgin before, during or after this.

This morning I have called their customer services. Explained the situation, then got passed to someone else on the 'technical team'. Had to repeat the whole story again because the first guy did not bother to provide any notes on my case. After going through the whole story again, it turns out that the delivery was attempted however the delivery company Yodel did not call/text/email me to advise they were delivering the package (as they said they would). This took 25 minutes, and then was left on hold to the complaints department after for another 5 minutes. This likely cost me a considerable amount of money not to mention time. The conclusion was for ME to call yodel and arrange the delivery. Guess what, I have now been on the yodel website and there are no options to pick/redeliver as another attempt was made today to deliver and again I was not contacted by email/text/phone - on their website it reads that Virgin Mobile here were the ones who did not pass my details.

Why oh why am I not surprised? I am now wasting another few days no doubt chasing up Yodel for the delivery. It also now transpires that the engineer scheduled on the saturday was not booked because I had not received my parcel - THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW.

Long and short of it that the service relationship with Virgin Media has kicked off to the abismall start I had last time. With a huge waste of time and resources of every party involved. All to get a box delivered to me. 

Oh and to insult to injury, I now notice they misspelt my surname on my contract AGAIN for the 2nd time in 3 years.

BRILLIANT SERVICE VIRGIN MEDIA

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Kesto
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint - What a mess

Don’t expect the service level to improve, if you have a problem it will take days for an engineer to arrive, just look on the community web site. Not a good service company. Put all their resources into selling.

All Replies
Kesto
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint - What a mess

Don’t expect the service level to improve, if you have a problem it will take days for an engineer to arrive, just look on the community web site. Not a good service company. Put all their resources into selling.