Menu
kmccallum13
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Collect + Label

I've just received a new TiVo and Superhub 3 to replace my old TiVo and Superhub 2 but I can't find the returns label anywhere. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Collect + Label

The Forum Team here should be able to sort this out. They should respond shortly.

The Superhub 2 is no longer on the "must return" list, so it may be that you only have to return the TiVO, & can dispose of the SH2 yourself.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If a customer refuses to package and drop off requested return equipment (as they are not contractually or legally obliged to) and instead insist VM visit the customers home to collect just as they delivered seeing as all equipment is seemingly rented.  Well do VM still collect or if such a customer response or would they instead request customers dispose of the equipment themselves?.  

Further more, the once I did go out of my way to return equipment years ago, well the process did not allow for a receipt or any real proof I'd ever dropped it off, hence partly why I'd refuse to go out of my way and comply to return equipment myself.  So in which case how could a customer ever prove they sent\dropped off equipment to be sent back if ever VM claimed they have not received returned equipment under threat to bill for it?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dave606 wrote:

If a customer refuses to package and drop off requested return equipment (as they are not contractually or legally obliged to) and instead insist VM visit the customers home to collect just as they delivered seeing as all equipment is seemingly rented.  Well do VM still collect or if such a customer response or would they instead request customers dispose of the equipment themselves?.  

You are contractually obliged to return the equipment:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html

Section H Part 4

If we or you end this agreement, if you decide to disconnect from some of our services, or if you wish to take up an offer to upgrade the equipment we provide to you, you must return the equipment to us or (if we choose) make it available for collection in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear. If you fail to return or make available the equipment for collection for any reason, we are entitled to charge you for the replacement cost and reasonable recovery costs of the equipment. If we hold any money we may use that money towards the cost of the equipment. If we have supplied you with any additional equipment, we'd encourage you to dispose of it responsibly if you're no longer using it so please contact us for further information about disposing of your additional equipment.

Section M Part 16

If you fail to return or make available for removal any item of the equipment which we have provided to you, you may have to pay extra charges for such equipment, including the replacement cost and reasonable recovery costs as set out in the price guides. In addition to our other rights, we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for the return of our equipment.

Dave606 wrote:

Further more, the once I did go out of my way to return equipment years ago, well the process did not allow for a receipt or any real proof I'd ever dropped it off, hence partly why I'd refuse to go out of my way and comply to return equipment myself.  So in which case how could a customer ever prove they sent\dropped off equipment to be sent back if ever VM claimed they have not received returned equipment under threat to bill for it?.

All Collect+ shops give you a receipt once the package is logged into the terminal. The receipt includes a parcel tracking number which allows you to see exactly where the return package is and when Virgin Media received it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"Or make it available for collection", the return option is more a request or second option than any contractual requirement even if clearly thats the preferred option they try to push with customers.  As long as the customer is willing to make the equipment available for collection by VM themselves then they can clearly refuse to package and drop off!.

As the the receipt, proof of dropped off, then I stand corrected as years ago I'm pretty sure I had no such receipt!.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your query kmccallum13!

We would only require the return of the TiVo® in this instance and I've raised an order for a returns label to be sent out to you, which you should receive within 3-5 working days.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kmccallum13
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem kmccallum13! Smiley Happy

Take care,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
kieranmc78
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have similar issue. Looking to return a Tivo Box, but misplaced Collect+ label. Can someone kindly re-issue a new Collect+ label to me please?

Please confirm?

Thanks,

Kieran.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kieran,

I can certainly help with this. Smiley Happy

I have issued a returns label to the address associated with your account.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

0 Kudos