Menu
sparaD
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling broadband

I am student who has been with virgin broadband for coming up to 2 years now. I will be moving house in the summer, moving back in with my parents, so will be needing to cancel my broadband. How do I go about cancelling, is it something I can simply do using my online account or do I have to ring up and speak to someone? Also, is there a cancellation fee?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling broadband

I believe cancellation can only be done by direct contact. It isn't possible online, other maybe via online chat.

Cancellation fees will depend on whether you are under a rolling 30 day contract or a longer contact period at the time of cancellation.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
I believe cancellation can only be done by direct contact. It isn't possible online, other maybe via online chat.

Not even through the chat, the option for that in the chat was removed a long time ago. It directs you to call in to cancel.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke, that is useful to know.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sparaD, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

As already mentioned by Shelke and Graham_A, you will need to give us a call to set the account to cancel. 

Make sure you do this at least 30 days before you move out. It's also worth baring in mind that you will need to return the equipment so make sure you take this with you. 

You can cancel by speaking to the Relations team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos