Settled in nicely II
dnwsoa

Crackling and static, can barely make out the dial tone

I have a lot of interference on my phone line with a sort of static/crackling noise. I can make/receive phone calls but can barely hear over the inference. Those I call can hear me, apparently, without a problem. I've tried a different phone but it makes no difference so I suspect a local fault. After a week of freezing temperatures there's been a thaw today so maybe it's connected with that. 

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Darren_E

Re: Crackling and static, can barely make out the dial tone

dnwsoa,

Do you have additional equipment in the telephone sockets extensions for example.

If not done so already I would try unplugging all equipment to all sockets, Then trying both handsets individually in the main socket if fault is still ongoing please advise as we would need a technician to investigate further.

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely II
dnwsoa

Hi and thank you for the prompt reply.

No other equipment plugged into the phone socket and I have tried with a different phone but with no change to the noise on the line.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Darren_E

dnwsoa,

Having a bit of trouble accessing your account, Please can you send me a Private message with your full address including postcode so I can check the engineers availability.

Cheers

Darren E

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Just joined
esengocer

Hi There

We have the same problem but it all started happening not long after we had virgin media installed, back in Septemeber...

sometimes the crakling is so bad its deafening..i was able to make calls and recieve them, but neither end could hear each other...

we only have the one phone socket in the house, ive tried all the usual technical stuff like removing the phone from the plug, buying new phones, i even brought a corded phone as we have cordless ones but thats not the problem..

And today i have no dail tone what so ever...

I would be greatful if someone could contact me about this, as im unable to call you..

Many thanks..

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Darren_E

esengocer,

Apologies for the loss of your telephone service.

The line check shows a Technician is required, I  have booked the next available appointment,Please advise if requires rescheduling.

12-4pm 7/12.

Cheers

Darren E

Please use plain text.
Just joined
esengocer

Hi Darren

That will be fine for the 7th..

Regards

Please use plain text.