Menu
kimchamberlain
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

xbox one advance warfare laggin issues

Xbox one lagging cant play advance warfare on one bar tried wired and still exactly the same could someone help me please,turned speed down on router to 54mps still no change, any suggestions please as I am getting annoyed,also someone else in the household has a laptop and there connection is fine just mine
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox one advance warfare laggin issues

Hi, if someone on a laptop has a fine connection and your always on a one bar when playing cod then however is on the laptop is probably heavy downloading or streaming movies etc and its using up all your bandwidth.
0 Kudos
kimchamberlain
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is there any way I can make the connection better without having to turn off the laptop who is using it, sometimes even without the laptop on it still does it kind regards
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could try resetting the router back to factory settings then remove power cable from the router wait 2 minutes then reconnect it and see if your connection improves.
do you have one bar constantly in every lobby join?
Sometimes when i play the vast majority of games i join i dont load into the match after its already started even tho i was in lobby from the start.
i know what you mean, i have major latency in cod where im playing at one or more seconds behind everyone else and as you can imagine playing cod with lag is the most horrything experience in gamn
0 Kudos
kimchamberlain
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have reset back to factory settings,same wired or wireless,silly really u should be able to have more than one console in especially as ur paying for it cant play cod when lagging so much and its so annoying
0 Kudos
kimchamberlain
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nat Is open as well and when I go on cod always sais no gamed found and wen a game is found it constantly lags
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Try and do a traceroute to a call of duty servrr.
this will show where the latency starts to happen in the connection.
0 Kudos
kimchamberlain
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do I do that?
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

virgin are just bad. I would switch to bt if i could
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimchamberlain,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having lag in CoD. From your first post I can see that you're playing wirelessly? I'd highly recommend that you play over a wired connection as wireless is far too unstable a medium and is prone to interference which is totally outside of our control.

Could you try playing with your Xbox wired in directly and let us know how this performs?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos