Menu
mason_j
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

unable to join games due to spikes and packet loss

Hello

This has only arisen a couple of days ago but whenever I try to play cs:go the game doesn't load into an actual game but gets stuck just before. On other games like, LoL, I will get into a game but start rubber banding and have extremely high ping and it is unplayable.

I am able to browse the internet, download things and basically do anything else but anything where i play against another player doesn't work.

Could i get some help with knowing why this is happening and how to fix it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unable to join games due to spikes and packet loss

Hi Mason_j,

Apologies for the late response, I've just checked your connection and can see that your downstream power levels are a little on the high side which could cause latency to spike if it fluctuates any higher. Let's get a technician out to check everything over and adjust this. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

I should add that Kippies has given some very good advice regarding expectations when gaming over wireless. It is always highly recommended you play over a wired connection to get the most stable experience.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting to the Hub? Wired? Wireless?

What does a speedtest say? Make sure its done with a PC hardwired to the superhub

Next

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
mason_j
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am connecting to the hub via a wireless connection. Unfortunately i have no way to wire my pc to the superhub but if im using my wireless connection I get 11ms ping, 18.13mbps down and 2mbps up.

Here are the screenshots:

72a595d33a03a94a70d9a993bede3c6b.pngdown.pngnl.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are unlikely to get decent latency on wireless connection. There is more re-sending of packets even on a strong wireless connection, which increases latency.   Homeplugs (powerline adapters) are a decent alternative if wired is out of the question.

In addition your downstream power levels are out of line, the ones over 10 need bringing down. Wait for staff to pick your thread up they will advise on next steps.

0 Kudos
mason_j
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help anyway kippies. I have always thought of getting powerline adapters but my latency before this hasn't been bad enough to need them. Might consider getting them now depending on what the staff say.

0 Kudos
mason_j
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I still am waiting on a reply from someone from the forum team.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mason_j,

Apologies for the late response, I've just checked your connection and can see that your downstream power levels are a little on the high side which could cause latency to spike if it fluctuates any higher. Let's get a technician out to check everything over and adjust this. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. 

I should add that Kippies has given some very good advice regarding expectations when gaming over wireless. It is always highly recommended you play over a wired connection to get the most stable experience.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos