Menu
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

gamer package useless upgrade

I recieved the superhub 3 today, and set it up, i wanted to portforward for certain multiplayer games. It turns out theres no option for this? no new firm ware?  Anyway, the reason i took out this package (gamer 200) was in the hope by some strange miricle, virgin would supply me with the connection as advertised.

it turns out, its made no differance at all.  whats wierd, is ive seen the increase in upload speed, but its had no effect on this game at all?  im still last in the lobby playlist, i can never find the enemy, i am always out gunned every game, its like im on a totaly differant server.

i wouldnt even say it was lagg, like you experience in other games from time to time, this is like call of duty, does not like virgin media?  i never have this trouble on any of my other games.

back to the portforwarding, ive always ported my on line multiplayer games, to be sold a package, that doesnt give gamers this option is crazy, can you please explain this to me please

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: gamer package useless upgrade

There is an option for Port Forwarding under Advanced Settings > Security > Port Forwarding.

Like many things on the Hub 3, it might not work exactly as it should!

0 Kudos
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you must have the updated firmware, as i dont have that option on mine

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TARGETZERO wrote:

I recieved the superhub 3 today, and set it up, i wanted to portforward for certain multiplayer games. It turns out theres no option for this? no new firm ware?  Anyway, the reason i took out this package (gamer 200) was in the hope by some strange miricle, virgin would supply me with the connection as advertised.

it turns out, its made no differance at all.  whats wierd, is ive seen the increase in upload speed, but its had no effect on this game at all?  im still last in the lobby playlist, i can never find the enemy, i am always out gunned every game, its like im on a totaly differant server.

What difference where you expecting to see?

i wouldnt even say it was lagg, like you experience in other games from time to time, this is like call of duty, does not like virgin media?  i never have this trouble on any of my other games.

back to the portforwarding, ive always ported my on line multiplayer games, to be sold a package, that doesnt give gamers this option is crazy, can you please explain this to me please

What platform are you playing on? Which game is it you are having issues with?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TARGETZERO wrote:

you must have the updated firmware, as i dont have that option on mine

You need to login then hit advanced, its there, all hubs have had it lol

Stoddy27
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I still struggle to understand why anyone would use the superhub as the router and not just in modem mode. My suggestion would be to buy a half decent router and just have the SH as your gateway to the internet.

0 Kudos
TARGETZERO
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SADLY, NOT ALL OF US, are clued up on how to set routers/modems up etc. most of us pay for a service and plug what we get into a socket

0 Kudos
Stoddy27
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand that I would seriously consider looking into what options you have if you tell us a price range im sure we can suggest the best routers for that price.
0 Kudos