Menu
dazzv1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one strict nat on DMZ and high packet loss

Can't get on anything on Xbox live. It says I have strict NAT when it's on a DMZ and also 66% packet loss.

It's not letting me do search for problems in this area and not helping one bit.

Would actually like to use my internet that's costing over £30 per month for.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one strict nat on DMZ and high packet loss

Hi Dazzv1,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your xbox. 

I've tried to check your connection to see if there are any issues on our end that could be causing this but I've been unable to locate your account. 

I've just sent you a private message requesting some details so I can look into this.

Could you also tell us a bit more about your setup? Is the xbox connected wired or wirelessly? Are you only seeing issues with the xbox or with any other services on other devices? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazzv1,

Thanks for responding with your details. I've now checked your connection and can see there is a contention fault open in the area under ticket F003525851. This will cause slow speeds during peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 30/03/16.

This wouldn't account for packet loss and any speeds or issues you may be getting during the day so could you tell us more about your setup?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
matt-h
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to this on Monday and Tuesday XBL was subjected to a massive DDOS attack from some script kiddie scum buckets. This took down pretty much the entire service and was the story  of the huge amounts of packet loss you saw as I had it too when using the network test..

Things should be okay now so it might be worth retrying the test again as I'm pretty sure it'll be fine now.

The attack caused a global issue but it's all good now.

dazzv1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be honest there has been a "high utilisation" ticket repair on this area since Feb '15. Each time it comes to a completion date for upgrades/repairs they just move the date. The current end date is March 15th which is a joke. Any other company that misses a target by this much would be under severe investigation into what incompetence is causing the delays especially with the amount of customers it's lost because of it, i went through the whole of October only having 1-3mb when I'm laying £30 for up to 100mb, the only reason I stayed was because I got refunded that month and sky is too expensive for far less.
0 Kudos