Menu
Gaynormc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one disconnecting

Been having an issue for a couple of days now with the Xbox one disconnecting and kicking my son off while playing COD, I've rang virgin media who more or less said there was nothing wrong and to ring Microsoft which we did, strangely they've had numerous calls for the same issue but just for Virgin! We've opened all ports etc but it still won't work on 5g, it works on 2g but I pay for 5g and expect it to work especially when it was fine on Sunday! I'm in the Manchester area. Can somebody from Virgin please address this issue as soon as possible as it's really annoying when we pay a lot for a service that isn't working!
Thank you
d_mengs
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one disconnecting

Exactly the same problem here. Works on 2g but constant disconnects on 5g. Quite clearly there is an issue yet nobody will confirm it.

Gaynormc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had another phone call with Virgin tonight & spoke to a guy who was more helpful than the last one I spoke to! Even though he claimed there isn't a virgin issue he did say he'd send out a new hub to see if that helped anything!
Deedeeh82
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem for a week now, had a engineer out and changed my hub and checked the connection. I've phoned up 8 or 9 times about it and its still the same! Virgin media are gonna be losing a customer soon if its not sorted out.
0 Kudos
Gaynormc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone from virgin going to even answer my post??? We have always had a wireless 5g connection but between 8-11 Jan that suddenly stopped working. As per my call with van cust servs we had to go wired until they eventually offered to send me a hub 3. we are going to go online at some point today to see if the issue is resolved with this hub. However my problem is that nobody at virgin replied to my post from LAST WEEK to acknowledge the issue was theirs and not our Xbox etc! Was this an issue with the hub 2ac????
0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had a problem with my 5g being turnt off basically, just reset the router entirely and it worked.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry that you’ve been affected by this, if you're using a Superhub 2AC you might be affected by an issue we've picked up on.

To fix this, please reboot your Superhub 2AC, when the hub reboots it will download a new update which should resolve your issue.

This update could take up to 15 minutes to complete.

More information can be found on the thread here.

Please let us know if this doesn't appear to be your issue so we can investigate further.

Thanks again.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos