Menu
Will1308
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Connection Issues

I have a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 which I connected my Xbox One to around 4/5 months back. I had a very good connection with my Mbps around 50-60. A month or two ago my connection suddenly became terrible and since then my Mbps has been as low as 0.8. I attempted to use an Ethernet cable which improved my connection again however when I play Fifa, I will randomly get disconnected from the EA servers. This only happens when I attempt to use the Ethernet cable. My housemate who also has an Xbox One has none of these issues and has great wireless connection with the hub. I can't seem to find anything online related to this issue and so I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone knows of any solutions to this?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Connection Issues

A unique problem, have you tried resetting the Xbox? I have heard of oddball problems like this occurring and sometimes being resolved by hard resetting the xbox itself, it wouldn't appear to be a problem with the broadband itself given your housemate using the same connection is not having any problems
0 Kudos
Will1308
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried a factory reset of the Xbox and tried all further advice on the Xbox website itself. What makes the situation worse is that the Xbox can't identify any issues with the connection which makes me think that it's an issue with the Xbox rather than the broadband. 

0 Kudos
CarlATK
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds odd but think I've come across it before.

What NAT Type are you getting? - If it's strict then that could be causing you to disconnect from online games. I would suggest port forwarding (see port forwarding articles on how to do this) but as you mentioned that there is another Xbox in the house, some routers can sometimes struggle to support two Xbox's playing the same game (regardless if they're on at the same time). Try factory resetting the Hub and connect your X box first and see if that helps. 

If you're not able to browse on the internet or Store when this happens then its likely to be something else. 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

CarlATK wrote:

Sounds odd but think I've come across it before.

What NAT Type are you getting? - If it's strict then that could be causing you to disconnect from online games. I would suggest port forwarding (see port forwarding articles on how to do this) but as you mentioned that there is another Xbox in the house, some routers can sometimes struggle to support two Xbox's playing the same game (regardless if they're on at the same time). Try factory resetting the Hub and connect your X box first and see if that helps. 

If you're not able to browse on the internet or Store when this happens then its likely to be something else. 

Two XBoxes on the same wireless don't play well. It may be a case of putting one in the DMZ or onto a Guest Wireless channel.

I always have a strict NAT and don't get disconnected from Live.

0 Kudos
Will1308
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My NAT type is open. The weird thing is that when I use wireless I never disconnect, the connection is just really bad. However, when I use an Ethernet cable, my connection is good but I disconnect from the EA servers. What I don't understand is that I don't get disconnected from Xbox live, just the EA servers. The first couple of months of playing were completely fine, even with my housemates Xbox. Is it possible for this to suddenly change? I'll reset the hub and see how it goes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Will1308
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The first couple of months of using my Xbox were fine, even with my housemate using his Xbox. Is it possible for this to completely change overnight? I'm not too familiar with how that is done but I'll try it out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CarlATK
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this fixed? In theory, opening up the DMZ wouldn't do anything on a second Xbox as ports can only be used for 1 device (in this case the Xbox) for connection (superhub). 

Have Xbox said anything to you other than to do port forwarding?

0 Kudos