Menu
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is laughable

Just got of the phone for the third time with virgin been through to customer services and technical support, they won't send us out a new version of the router,

They are failing to admit there is issues with there connection on Xbox ones and the technical support answer was to play to on Xbox on 2g rather than 5 even though we have played on 5g for about 3 years and pay a fortune for this service. His answer use a wire....

When I told them I had seen all over the Internet about similar problems they failed to acknowledge and the guy actually said to us "gamers moan"

We then tried to make a complaint and they lady said it's all done internal so no one will even get back to us

time to cancel

Virgin you are awful
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: This is laughable

There have been issues with XBOX on 5GHz.

Get your own router and use modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

appleUK wrote:
Just got of the phone for the third time with virgin been through to customer services and technical support, they won't send us out a new version of the router,

They are failing to admit there is issues with there connection on Xbox ones and the technical support answer was to play to on Xbox on 2g rather than 5 even though we have played on 5g for about 3 years and pay a fortune for this service. His answer use a wire....

When I told them I had seen all over the Internet about similar problems they failed to acknowledge and the guy actually said to us "gamers moan"

We then tried to make a complaint and they lady said it's all done internal so no one will even get back to us

time to cancel

Virgin you are awful

Well to be fair, if you're gaming properly you "should" be using a wired connection, no interference and less speed issues, i mean i get that they provide wireless options but still, its not really optimal for gaming

0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not all of us want to have long wires going from the lounge up stairs to 2 bedrooms, the xboxs have both been running fine on 5ghz for a few years and suddenly stopped on Wednesday, telling me to use a wire is the most unhelpful solution out there

It's not even so much the issues but the fact virgin fail to recognise this issue when so many people must be having it, if they admited the problem and said they were working on a fix then nice fair play, but I don't expect to be told to use the slower connection of 2.4ghz by a agent when we pay for fast speeds and 5ghz and have been using that for years
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

appleUK wrote:
Not all of us want to have long wires going from the lounge up stairs to 2 bedrooms, the xboxs have both been running fine on 5ghz for a few years and suddenly stopped on Wednesday, telling me to use a wire is the most unhelpful solution out there

It's not even so much the issues but the fact virgin fail to recognise this issue when so many people must be having it, if they admited the problem and said they were working on a fix then nice fair play, but I don't expect to be told to use the slower connection of 2.4ghz by a agent when we pay for fast speeds and 5ghz and have been using that for years

Try some simple troubleshooting.  Nowts changed VM's end since Wednesday so either there's now interference on the 5Ghz channel, Xbox update has messed up 5Ghz compatibility, settings have changed, or your HUB has broken and is no longer transmitting a 5Ghz signal.

Do other devices still see and are able to connect to 5Ghz?

If not its likely a busted HUB

If so, Id be looking suspiciously at Xbox, try setting them up again (just the network connection)

Other than "No, no other devices can see or connect to 5Ghz" , Its summat to do with the Xbox/Xbox's and Red Gooners advice is likely your solution.

For the record, if your on SH2 or SH2AC, you REALLY dont want them to send you a HUB3

0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do appreciate the reply but this is nothing to do with Xbox, all you have to do is take a look here and twitter to see the mass users affected which had no problems before
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi appleUK, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection to Xbox Live. 

I have popped a reply to you in this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Xbox-One-Disconnecting-When-Joining-Match/m-p/330...

I do wonder if you have a Superhub 2 AC as we have been investigating an issue with XBox live and the Superhub 2 AC but as mentioned in the other thread I am currently unable to locate your connection details. 

Without seeing the connection it is difficult for me to guess what the issue is as you could be using a different Hub. 

Pop me a quick PM with the details requested when you can and I will investigate further for you. 

Additionally, please try not to post on multiple threads it can get a little confusing for the team here to keep track of what has been advised and what you have told us if it is spread across multiple threads. I don't want to misread the situation because I have missed some information somewhere Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos