Menu
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 disconnecting elderscrolls online

Hi I can see this is a huge issue where the super hub 2 is disconnecting alot of people. I keep hearing it's since the firmware update. I'm being logged off every 15 minutes (xbox one). I notice alot of people keep saying put it in modem mode or buy a new router. Well some of us unfortunately can't do that. For example if modem mode fixes the issue I would love to do it. Only problem is that it's in use buy other devises via wireless. My daughter and wife for there phones and tablet so I can't go to modem mode. And at the moment some of us including me can't afford a new router at this tme. So I am one person who has to sit and wait until the SH2 firmware will be fixed? I rang VM about this and the staff was useless. They put me threw to 2nd line and the guy over the phone actually raised his voice at me because the issue was not aparently true with the SH2. 15 minutes after he rang back up to admit he was wrong that it was true (idiot) with no apology or anything so I hung up on him anyway I didn't want an apology from the guy anyway as it won't fix my issue. I play elderscrolls online on the xbox one and it is literally unplayable how often I'm being logged off. When will this be fixed? I'm paying £50 a month for your service and devices. So I'm still paying £50 a month but for what at the moment? Bad customers services and a SH2 that can't run my xbox one at the moment. When will this fixed? I don't really want to see the lame same answer that you are looking into it and will update people. This is a big issue it needs to be dealt with. Some of us can't go into modem mode or get a new router. Kudos to the people who can. Well done I wish could. So is there another way around this? Or how long are we looking at till its fixed? Thanks
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 disconnecting elderscrolls online

Hi Dibbly 

Thanks for posting. I completely understand where you are coming from and apologies for any inconvenience caused while we investigate this issue.

Thanks to the community we were able to gather enough evidence to get this problem raised up and looked into. I wish I had more information to provide but we are looking into this and any fault will be resolved as soon as possible. Also any updates will be passed on to the community asap.

Many thanks for your patience.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
GordonH1970
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Very much looking for a quick response on this

This problem has been plagueing me for a month now, typically every 10-15 minutes I get kicked off ESO/Xbox live

This has made the game completely unplayable and I feel that I have been conned out of my money by VM restricting access. Does this not breech the idea of "net neutrality"

I do not get this issue with any other online game, only ESO and it appears from the vast number of posts that it is a specific problem with Virgin Media (and probably the router)

It's at the point now that I am considering cancelling my VM account and moving to another provider (this will entail a complete change of TV/phone and internet connection but probably worth it)

I will have to investigate whether it breaks the terms and conditions and allows me to cancel my VM contract

0 Kudos
VegaNovus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

GordonH1970 wrote:

...... (sic)

I will have to investigate whether it breaks the terms and conditions and allows me to cancel my VM contract

Send a message to OFCOM /  CISAS - you will find your way out of the contract soon.

Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm actually looking into OFCOM as we speak Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
alchemist51
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I to am having the same trouble, ever since the update on the superhub 2 was done some months ago. stated playing ESO with no problems. After update DISCO every 10 to 15 mins or after a battle lose the responce to the A button on the game pad then after 20 sec's, disconnection from game . 

0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unless you can put your Sh2 into modem mode you currently screwed. I was wired and had the same problem constantly disconnecting etc. The arguments I had with VM was unreal. I did not like how I kept being hung up on or being spoken to by the second line people. Eventually I wrote a written letter to the complaints office. And a week later a lovely guy rang me so down to earth and issued me with the SH2AC. If I knew who that guy was I'd like to Thank him on how professional he was towards me. What I'm saying is you are gona have to keep waiting for the fix or have a war with VM like I did. Smiley Sad good luck
0 Kudos
blackguardbob
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Putting your SH2 into modem mode will not solve the ESO disconnection problem and nobody should have to do that.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It actually did for a lot of people due to the firmware of the SH2 lately. Many people got a new SH2ac which fixed the disconnection issues for all the MMOs they were playing.

However if someone is only experiencing dc issues from ESO but other MMOs are fine, then it is something else at fault.

Majide!
0 Kudos
emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Does anyone know if putting the superhub into modem mode and then attaching a wifi router solves the issue? Or does it have to be wired in?

How do you go about getting a SH2ac?

0 Kudos