Menu
Techie94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow connection! Only getting 0.25mbps out of 100mbps

I'm at my wits end on this one.

This has been an ongoing problem for months and I've had to log countless calls to Virgin Media's "Technical Support" and I haven't been able to get anywhere with them. They even sent an engineer out to my house a couple weeks ago and even he didn't know what the problem was or how to fix it. All he could do was test my equipment which he confirmed that there is 0 issues inside my home so the problem is with Virgin on their end and I haven't been kept up to date about what's been going on! This is really getting infuriating now since most of the time I can't play any of my games online. I can't watch Netflix or Amazon Prime and my family are having major difficulties even browsing the web or social media. I'd call technical support again but I'm afraid I'm just going to get the same rubbish and not get any resolution at all. I'm really thinking about cancelling my services completely and I won't be paying for it since I'm not the one who is breaking contract. Virgin is so if I decide to leave I will be doing it free of charge. Either that or Virgin can reduce my bill until the issue is completely resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow connection! Only getting 0.25mbps out of 100mbps

Hey Techie94,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this is inconvenient. I'm also sorry for the lack of support you've received so far. I've performed checks on your connection and I can see we've recently raised a fault in your area for a contention problem. The fault reference is: F005110835 and it's due for review on the 9th Aug. This fault is responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. I completely appreciate this isn't the news you were hoping for. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Techie94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

First off, Thanks for replying and telling me what the problem is.

Just a couple of things I want to ask.

Firstly, will I be updated via text when the problem is fixed like I normally do? And secondly who do I speak to with regards of getting some form of compensation, maybe a reduction for my monthly bills until the problem is fixed? Considering this has been on-going for a long time and I've had to call support countless times and I'm still paying full price for a service that I am not getting full benefit from.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Techie94

I have updated you account so if we have your correct mobile number you will hopefully get SMS updates from now on.

I will send you a forum private message to discuss the other points you have raised.

Thank you, speak soon

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos