Menu
mihaylovD
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Rubberbanding

I have been getting slow speeds at peak times with slow i mean below 0.40 mbps.With peak times i mean from 5pm till 23:30 my internet is almost non existent also during late nights.Whats more disturbing is that even if i get the normal speed I would get (around 27 mbps) (1.8 upload speed)(40-50 ping) I would still get that rubberbanding every few seconds which makes gaming really annoying,sometimes almost unplayable.I am using a wired connection and I ran a packet loss check for a few mins while my download speeds were okay. 0% on the check.It doesn't matter if the server is in EU or RU,I am rubber banding all over the place.I play CS GO and guildwars and experience either skill delay,rubberbanding or both.Please help!

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubberbanding

duing the weekends is peek times if you can get bt fibre get that via plusnet and get gaming addon and it is 100% better then virgin media speeds atm if you can get 80/20 thats can be 76mb download speed and 18mb upload speed depends on how close you are to a bt openreach box and you get it all year around no peek time effects and use that most of the time when virgin media taking a long time to upgrade there stuff i can get near that 27mb duing offpeek times and vm sold to a usa owned company and the problems getting wrost for them they need to act faster on problems when bt brings out the 500mb connection i am going to that and cancel my account and bt has more relable conenction then virgin media to be honstly say and they have online chat that is not like virgin media yet i am thinking about going back to my bt connection untill they fix this problems they have

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
mihaylovD
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.I would consider that as a final stand.I could deal with the almost non existent internet during peak times but the problem is that the internet is terrible even if i get my  speeds..Almost feels like the internet is unstable.I would get my speeds but rubber band in games all over the place.Sometimes i would get 5mbps and not  lag,or get 30mbps and lag like a boss.My point is from what i see and tested its not the speeds that make me rubber band.Its the internet being unstable..again i might be wrong.Did packet loss tests,everything is okay with that.

mihaylovD
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Also after running some cmd's I noticed that i would get huge latency spikes on both between my router and pc and router to outer IP.
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

have you tryed better internet cable run from your pc to the router then get cat5e or better if it very old cable it has more huge latency spikes i don't get it with cat5e and try it again with newer cable

0 Kudos
mihaylovD
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's a brand new gold plated cable so I doubt that is the problem.I am just testing it now again and its the same thing.I would get  a latency spike of 150  every 15 seconds.Sometimes the spikes are insane from 300 with ocasional 1000 latency.That's on tests between my pc and the router,and then pinging to google.com. I started experiencing that only two weeks ago before that it was fine.That's why i really feel like its either ISP problem modem problem or a problem somewhere in the house.

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

it can be a modem problem that can lag you can ask for a other router and try it just make sure you ring up to actice it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi mihaylovD,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speeds.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004132332). Our technicians are working to get it sorted and have set a review date of 29th March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mihaylovD
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello Josh and thanks for the response,however that doesn't fixes the fact that i literally have no internet between now (18:30 until 00:00)I just spent 15 minutes trying to load that page and write that massage to you so it is a real struggle.My download speeds right now are  0.06 out of the 30mbps I am paying for,yes 0.06 mbps which would explain why I had to wait for 15 minutes to load that page and then write the massage to you.This is every  night without exceptions,literally no internet,my 4g is faster.But the most unacceptable thing is that you guys from Virgin media are only going to ''fix'' it in 3 months time and that has been going on for a while.I am not even talking about gaming or streaming anymore since even if i get the speeds the connection would be extremely unstable with a ping starting from 23 and peaking up to 1400 in a second every 15 seconds or so.I literally have no internet and I pay money for that.

Do you think that is right ?

Best regards Daniel Mihaylov

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

mihaylovD wrote:

Hello Josh and thanks for the response,however that doesn't fixes the fact that i literally have no internet between now (18:30 until 00:00)I just spent 15 minutes trying to load that page and write that massage to you so it is a real struggle.My download speeds right now are  0.06 out of the 30mbps I am paying for,yes 0.06 mbps which would explain why I had to wait for 15 minutes to load that page and then write the massage to you.This is every  night without exceptions,literally no internet,my 4g is faster.But the most unacceptable thing is that you guys from Virgin media are only going to ''fix'' it in 3 months time and that has been going on for a while.I am not even talking about gaming or streaming anymore since even if i get the speeds the connection would be extremely unstable with a ping starting from 23 and peaking up to 1400 in a second every 15 seconds or so.I literally have no internet and I pay money for that.

Do you think that is right ?

Best regards Daniel Mihaylov

Hes just doing his job. Hes not going to agree/disagree with you.

There are several large conurbations where some or all of VM's network is suffering from the same issue.

To give a brief set of options..

• You  have been issued an F number, which will allow you to claim a proportional credit on your monthly bill.
      • If that is not acceptable to you, if they have said its overutilisation you can ask to released from your contract without penalty.
      • You can raise a complaint through CISAS which will take longer than either claiming service credit or leaving without penalty,

You should also note

• These faults tend to be open for a long time.
    • Any date given to you is a review date NOT a fix date
    • There may be times you are told measures have been taken to improve the situation and your speed does not reach your advertised "Up to" speed.Further works will be required in that case.

0 Kudos