Menu
Shoutinmalc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 jumpy

I own ps4 which I have in a bedroom the router is downstairs if I don't use a Mifi the game is slow and jumpy any ideas?
Mifi is costing me money every 3 months.
I am not techy answers in plain speech please.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ps4 jumpy

go buy yourself some power line network adapters that you can plug one in your your router down stair and one upstairs and plug a Network cable from the plug to your ps4 it will provide the Internet using your electrical wiring and should give you a much more reliable signal they are also quite cheap these days for a pair of them
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would also recommend power line adapters rather than wireless to get less lag on the PS4.  Having said that it would be worth trying the PS4 directly connected to the hub via Ethernet before going to the expense of buying adapters, just to makes sure that it is not a line fault or the hub that is causing the problem.  If it works OK when directly connected then power line adapters is the way to go, if it is still lagging then there is no point buying adapters until the reason for the lag is established.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

All Replies
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

go buy yourself some power line network adapters that you can plug one in your your router down stair and one upstairs and plug a Network cable from the plug to your ps4 it will provide the Internet using your electrical wiring and should give you a much more reliable signal they are also quite cheap these days for a pair of them
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would also recommend power line adapters rather than wireless to get less lag on the PS4.  Having said that it would be worth trying the PS4 directly connected to the hub via Ethernet before going to the expense of buying adapters, just to makes sure that it is not a line fault or the hub that is causing the problem.  If it works OK when directly connected then power line adapters is the way to go, if it is still lagging then there is no point buying adapters until the reason for the lag is established.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Shoutinmalc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks it's been wired in to hub works ok but TV is next to hub and Mrs watches boring soaps that's why I have ps4 upstairs will keep trying your suggestions thanks again
0 Kudos