Menu
oldris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation Network server access permision

somebody can help me on.
How I can to fix issue to conect my PlayStation Network Account.
the server show me continusly the below message. HELP
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action" on this server.
Reference #18.d781655f.1480672689.7488da7
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PlayStation Network server access permision

Have you tried switching your Superhub into modem mode and then connecting the PS to it that way? If it works that way it would be the case you've been banned by Sony on your main IP address, if it doesn't get you access, then it's something Sony would have to address.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In the past I would have said that modem mode is the only solution as VM IP addresses are quite sticky and staff have said it is difficult for them to assign you a new one.  However I have seen posts on here recently where customers say they have phoned VM, explained that they need to be assigned a different IP address and the support staff have done it.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos

All Replies
oldris
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Somebody from virgin media can help me with this issue or give me any answer related witn them please?

I'm new client but if this is the costumer services from VM, is possible that I'll cancel my current contract with VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried switching your Superhub into modem mode and then connecting the PS to it that way? If it works that way it would be the case you've been banned by Sony on your main IP address, if it doesn't get you access, then it's something Sony would have to address.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
oldris
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, of course it works in modem mode, but in this case how I could handle this problem? And who is responsible for correcting it? Sony or Virgin?
if is Sony somebody from VM could help me with them?
I mean previous issue amended with other client for example.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contact Sony to see if they would lift the ban on your main IP address, depending on the reason it happened they may clear it. But if they aren't willing to, it leaves you in a bit of a catch 22. As Virgin Media generally don't issue a new hub when an IP ban affects the customer.

In the event of Sony not wanting to help and VM not being willing to issue you a new hub. You could buy a cheap £40 cable router. With that you would have a new IP address and be able to change IP whenever you needed.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
oldris
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will try to communicate with sony and see if they can remove the IP from the current prohibition.

However I will keep update the situation to VM to send a new device.

this device or configuration of them
affects the service for which I am paying monthly fee and it is the responsibility of the VM to provide the service for which I paid, without any type Of restrictions.

If this last point is not possible I will be forced to cancel the service with named company.

Thank you for you help
Kind Regards
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In the past I would have said that modem mode is the only solution as VM IP addresses are quite sticky and staff have said it is difficult for them to assign you a new one.  However I have seen posts on here recently where customers say they have phoned VM, explained that they need to be assigned a different IP address and the support staff have done it.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
oldris
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem has been mysteriously solved. Now without having to configure the HUB as modem mode.

Thank you everyone.
regards
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

oldris wrote:
The problem has been mysteriously solved. Now without having to configure the HUB as modem mode.

Thank you everyone.
regards

These bans are always temporary because Sony know that they are shared IPs that can get assigned to innocent users.

My advice would be to keep your hub switched on at all times as this will increase your chances of keeping the same IP and not getting one that somebody else used and abused.

0 Kudos