Menu
RidingTheFlow
Fibre optic
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 disconnection issue

Yes, it may be caused by SuperHub 3 - as you can see yourself, your max latency is pretty atrocious (thats because Hub 3 has ~100ms spike approximately every minute).

What I was trying to rule out that its not some more serious intermittent fault.

Unfortunately SuperHub 3 is badly suited for realtime online games, and trying to claim that its "good" for online gaming is stretching it (but I guess it depends on their definition of "good")

For comparison, latency of Hub 3 vs Hub 2 on same cable:

SH2-SH3.png

0 Kudos
Davetree
Joining in
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

So it's pretty clear what the issue is. Do you know how to get a hub 2?
0 Kudos
RidingTheFlow
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Davetree wrote:
So it's pretty clear what the issue is. Do you know how to get a hub 2?

Unless you already had one, its unlikely you will ever get a hub 2. They've been stopped manufactured and out of stock for ages. Theoretically sometimes VM gets used ones from people they "upgrade" to Hub 3 - but its almost impossible to persuade them to get hold of one and assign one to you. I had to go through official written complaint all way up to CEO office and spent whole month fighting only to get my old Hub 2 back.

If you have an alternative (any FTTC/FTTP), I'd recommend another ISP - since its lot easier solution.

0 Kudos
Davetree
Joining in
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I've only just signed up to virgin over the last few weeks so I'll have to go straight to them. This is an horrific situation and the more I read about it the more it seems almost like fraud, as they're advertising something they are not delivering
0 Kudos
RidingTheFlow
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you are just signed up, aren't you still in cool down period? Its exact purpose to allow you to test your internet early and jump ship if anything is wrong.

0 Kudos
Davetree
Joining in
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Not sure, but I'll definitely be checking that out tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for all ur help
0 Kudos
Davetree
Joining in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello Virgin

Would any actual virgin representatives like to comment on this?

I still require a fix, and tried to speak to first line support and just got a really rude and unhelpful guy.  Is there any chance an actual Virgin Froum team member or employee would like to help me?

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davetree,

Thanks for posting on the community and apologies you are experiencing an issue with the broadband connection.

When you notice the disconnections on the PS4, does the general internet stop working?

Does this happen on all games?

You can take a look at this link > Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause for more information.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Davetree
Joining in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sam

Yes it happens on all games, pro evo, battlefield, call of duty etc and is highly noticeable due to this games being very time dependent for reactions etc.

No the disconnection is not a disconnection from the Internet as such, just really high latency. As I'm sure you are aware some internet resources such as webpages etc have no issue with sporadic latency, but the games mentioned above really do.

I read part of that post but at 148 pages it's quite the article.

Basically can you tell me two things:
1- is there a fix to the issues I describe
2- if I have a 2ac can I use it, even if it wasn't owned by me previously

Thanks
Nick
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread Nick,

I've checked things from this end and I am seeing some timeouts developing via the equipment levels.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about potentially arranging an engineer visit for this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know