Menu
alisrune
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistant hardwire ping & wireless speed

I've recently started experiencing high pings in online gaming (world of tanks, DOTA 2), previously I've enjoyed a ping sub 30 and a lot of time sub 20 but now it's averaging 80 and gets to 200-300.  Also the wifi connection on devices (ipad, iPhone) keeps losing connection.  Broadband speed is still very good at above 150mb but I'm getting these issues.

I've run the virgin test and says my equipment is ok but I've had the same hub for a number of years now and I'm wondering if it is losing connection/speed.

Cheers,

Alisrune

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistant hardwire ping & wireless speed

Hi Alisrune,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting ping spikes. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here as evidenced by your download speeds. Are you gaming over wireless? If so could you try a wired connection to see if the same ping spikes persist?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
alisrune
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, my PC is hard wired into the hub so that isn't the issue. I've just signed up to the 200mbs upgrade for free with the new super hub so hopefully that'll make it better when it gets here
0 Kudos
Ste_H
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if its the sh3 it will probably make it worse, did for me

0 Kudos
alisrune
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't know what the latest one is, hopefully it'll be the latest one and make an improvement otherwise it's kind of pointless!  Just been told they have a large demand for the upgrade so it's been postponed! Frustrating!  I know I have a good connection speed so don't understand why the ping should be so high!

0 Kudos