Menu
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

High latency and slow speeds

Currently have been experiencing high latency and slow speeds for a few days now, and both yesterday and today I have contacted support who have informed me that the problem would be fixed by 4pm that day, and it hasn't been. Again I have called this evening to query the problem but again I was told it will be fixed my 4pm tomorrow... I don't hold out much hope for that!

Is there anyone who can let me know what is being done and what the problem is? If we are now over subscribed in the area then I will have to look at leaving Virgin for someone else.

I've recently been invited to the Overwatch closed beta and its unplayable at the moment due to this issue. No point paying nearly £40 a month for a service we can't even use!

0 Kudos
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency and slow speeds

Here is my speedtest by the way, on the 70mb service.... 5117113480

0 Kudos
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still not fixed surprise surprise. Waste of money.

0 Kudos
dangerf1sh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's a joke isn't it? My download speed is fine during the day soon as it gets around 7pm I can barely get 5mbps. Been told maintenance going on in my area no idea when it's going to be fixed but I thought it was just me, from all these posts this needs a fix asap.
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep it is. The same for me, maintenance going on in my area. Fix date has moved to Monday now, pigs might fly.

0 Kudos
dangerf1sh
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Strangely enough I was on my PS4 last night around 11:30pm and my download speed was at 20mbps and everything was working fine? As of now it not above 10mbps.
0 Kudos
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Definitely seems to be an intermittent issue as occasionally I can speed test and get full speeds, so I log in to Overwatch and after a few minutes the ping shoots up to 500-800ms and is unusable again. I then do a speed test and its all over the place with high ping. The connection still works just in fits and starts, just useless for what I'm trying to use it for.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daaaveee,

Sorry to hear your speeds and latency have been fluctuating. I've just checked your connection and can see there is a SNR fault in the area under ticket F004230995. SNR stands for Signal to Noise Ratio and means that there is interference leaking into the broadband signal. Our technicians are working on repairing this and the fault is due to close tomorrow. I'll check back on this tomorrow as SNR faults can be tricky and dates can get delayed should there be any complications.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John thanks for more info on the issue.

Its interesting you say it is due to be fixed tomorrow, as when I contacted support on Friday they said it would be fixed today. But then again, it was supposed to fixed the following day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week!
0 Kudos
Daaaveee
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much not functional this evening. Cant watch Twitch and YouTube is playing in 240p. Trying to shop around for a new ISP but struggling to even load websites for Sky, TalkTalk etc!

0 Kudos