Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 14 (249 Views)

Frequent Lag Spikes

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my internet has been suffering from random influxes of lag, I frequently game and this is making it quite impossible taking into consideration a guaranteed spike every 30 seconds or so, what can I do to resolve this?
Joining in
Message 2 of 14 (230 Views)

Re: Frequent Lag Spikes

I'm having exactly the same issue. Speed drops for a split second but it's enough to ruin your game every 20/30 seconds. Spoke with VM and they said I needed to contact Sony and have them open the ports to my PS4?? I've been using this PlayStation on this network for 4 years without any problems but over the past week it's been a nuisance. I really don't think it's anything to do with my PS.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14 (228 Views)

Typical BS answer from an operative who has no idea what is going on.

This is a wide ranging issue and is not limited to PS Network, not XBox Live. Its not even limited to gaming traffic. Ive been running tests all day and when my latency to Warcraft servers rockets, download speed on an Ubuntu torrent I'm persistently downloading drops like a lead brick.

Sort this crap out VM.. this has been ongoing for over a week now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14 (174 Views)

Hi DD24,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too low. 

I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14 (171 Views)

Hi TheDooNIT, 

Welcome also to you. I am sorry to see you have had similar trouble. 

I have tried to take a look at your connection but I am unable to locate your connection details at this time. 

I will pop you a PM to get some more details, Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Purely from speculation it may have been possible that you were caught up in a latency issue which has now been resolved but without being able to see the connection I couldn't say for sure. 

How is the connection currently? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14 (167 Views)

Hi mbozaritchie, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have also had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired, pop the hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference. 

It would also help to see a BQM (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

As mentioned there was a latency issue that has now been resolved, how have things been looking from your side over the past few days? 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14 (159 Views)

Au contraire Emma! Please see the below: Clearly this issue has NOT been resolved and I am not alone in seeing this issue as per the following thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Dreadful-Packet-Loss-Ongoing-issue-that-is-not-go... My Broadband Ping - Packet Loss Extravaganza
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14 (149 Views)

Hi mbozaritchie, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have just had a chat to one of the team who was looking into this previously and they have said they have noticed a resurgence of this issue again over night. 

I have done some more research and a new fault number has been raised over the last few minutes ref F005131436. The current review date is tomorrow but that is subject to change especially as the ticket has only just been raised.

We will keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as we know more.

All the best

Emma 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14 (139 Views)

Emma,

Please dont insult my intelligence with the "resurgence overnight" line.  Just by looking at the graph you can clearly see that the issue never went away at all.

Do NOT try to placate me with platitudes.  Kindly have this issue escalated to 3rd line support and ensure that the contents of both this and my previously linked thread are passed to the relevant senior management within the organization as I wish to have a frank discussion with them on the level of support being offered by Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14 (110 Views)

Hey mbozaritchie,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sincere apologies for the problems with your connection, I know this has been intermittent for a little while. Right now things seem settled and the fault Emma mentioned, has been resolved. How have you found the performance over the weekend?

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos