Menu
r3dmagik
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

FFXIV disconnects

Since the weekend I have had nothing but disconnects while trying to play. I have also tried putting the hub into modem mode and connecting another router and I'm still having the issue.

I called up but all I got told was there was no issues. My hub does have the firmware "V2.01.03" as I can see people posting about this causing issues but I have no idea. I just want it fixed, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: FFXIV disconnects

Hi r3dmagik

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing when playing Final FantasyXIV.

Everything on your hub looks ok which is great. We are currently investigating issues with gaming that coincide with the recent firmware update. At the moment we haven't got any updates but as soon as we do we will let the community know asap.

We did hear that modem mode overcame these issues on the SH2. Is there any difference if you connect directly to the hub in modem mode and take the router out of the equation?

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
r3dmagik
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So we will be getting a refund as it is unusable currently? As I don't see why I should carry on paying if I can not use it.

I do not have a cable long enough to do that I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They won't refund me. I have the same problem with elderscrolls online. So good luck. Lol I have rang VM and everything and they won't give me a refund or a new hub.
0 Kudos
r3dmagik
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Surely a good temporary fix would be just to roll back the firmware update?

0 Kudos
affynity
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

FOUR disconnections in about two hours. This service is nothing short of pathetic.

How do you plan to reimburse your unhappy customers?

Because I don't think "we're aware of your concerns and we're working on it" would satisfy yourselves if that was our approach to paying you each month...

0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

VM are trying not to take responsibility on the issue even tho they know it's the firmware I have tried getting a refund or another superhub and denied on both. All they say is that there fixing it which they obviously arnt this issue started in July. It's pathetic
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

And I wish the forum team would get in there bloody head that some of us can't do modem mode because we have other users using wifi in the house hold. I'm gona ring again and take this foward I think. As I'm paying £50 a month for stuff that ain't even working :/
affynity
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I just got told they don't compensate for this type of thing.
I'm just going to switch provider. If they want to be the crappest ISP in the UK, they can do it without me having to wade through the diarrhoea they call customer support.
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes i am doing the exact same thing. Not long until the contract is up i cant wait to leave this terrible provider not to mention customer service is absolutely terrible also. All VM have done for me is take money everything else is pathetic i wouldnt reccommend VM to anyone. I wrote a complaint to them and put in a complaint over the internet i have been waiting for a call back to discuss it over a week now when it takes aprox 3 days to call. Il be glad to be out of VM cant wait....sorry vm but you suck