Menu
emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaints Procedure (Unresolved Random Disconnect Issue)

Hey guys, 

I've seen a few posts from people asking how to submit a complaint or take unresolved issues about the random disconnects when gaming further. We've established it's an issue with VM, however it needs sorting ASAP as there are a LOT of people not getting the service they are paying for. VM is not one of the cheaper ISP's! I've contacted their online web chat advisers twice now and both times they've been unhelpful and abrupt.

I've submitted an online complaint (someone posted a link in another thread) and I'm sending a formal letter of complaint tomorrow, as per their code of practice for complaints found here

If I don't get a satisfactory answer I've checked on the Ofcom website what the next steps are:

• Contact your provider's customer services department and explain your problem.
  • If this doesn't resolve the issue, make a formal complaint to the company. You should find details of how to do this on the back of your bill, on their website or ask their customer services.
  • Ask your provider about the timescales for resolving your problem and any compensation and/or other remedies provided in the meantime.
  • If your provider is unable to resolve your complaint, ask for a deadlock letter. This enables you to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

ADRs act as an independent middleman and will examine the case from both sides and reach a decision they think fair.

If eight weeks have passed since you first formally complained you can contact the ADR directly.

There are two ADR schemes – Ombudsman Services: Communications, and the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).

You need CISAS for Virgin Media.

I hope that's of some help to people. Maybe if they get enough they might actually do something.

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints Procedure (Unresolved Random Disconnect Issue)

Great post. I sent a complaint yesterday, awaiting reply.

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They called me up. Said they're sending a new SH2 'AC' not sure what that stands for.

I'll let you know what happens.

0 Kudos
emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to customer services this morning and they agreed to send me a 2ac with no fuss. I guess it is being acknowledged properly now. It should arrive sometime next week. From comments left on other threads, and from a friend of mine who's already using a 2ac, it should solve the issue. Fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
Jack123
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whilst the SH2AC fixes numerous issues with gaming, in particular with the Xbox One, you must be forewarned that some issues do still remain.

Such as:

- Speeds on wireless will be significantly lower on the Xbox One than any other device. Microsoft are aware of this, as are Virgin.

- The NAT type over wireless is incompatible from the Xbox One to the SH2AC, and as such, it will change regularly, from Open to Strict. A hard restart sometimes temporarily resolves it.
0 Kudos