Menu
Mundo1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5+ Disconnections a day & ping spikes

I have already had an engineer come out as I was being disconnected (router rebooots) every 5 minutes on the night, he changed the router and adjusted the power levels at the cab as they were 7% out but the problem still persists, it happens at random and usually happens twice within 10 minutes then might not happen for hours, im also experiencing lag spikes at random which obviously isnt good when pc gaming, i am getting the following error on the network log but the times arent matching the disconnect, please help its really annoying.

0 Kudos
ufasas
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5+ Disconnections a day & ping spikes

same problem, quake 3 arena 1999 game, 999 ping spike, and no connection, game freezes, reenabling connection doesn't help, evenings are unplayable, 5 disconnections and more per evening after every reboot same, gotta wait till midnight and later, what is happening i dont understand! FIX IT PLEASE, YOU KEEP UPGRADING SPEEDS, BUT ONLINE GAMING ARE UTTER CRAP

0 Kudos
Mundo1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree, I don't understand why I'm getting constant reboots, would be nice if virgin got back to me on this one

0 Kudos
Mundo1234
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

okay this is ridiculous keeps going off every time i start a game up, can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mundo1234,

Sorry to hear you're getting drop outs. I've checked your connection and can see no issues with your connection. Could you tell us a bit more about your setup so we can try and help with this? Are you gaming wired or wirelessly? Is this through a console or PC? Does this only happen with a specific game or on multiple games?

It would also help a great deal if you could post a traceroute to the game server you play on so we can take a look at it.

Thanks.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos